2007 Expedition EL Limited - Startup Hesitation - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2007, 08:45   #1 (permalink)

confused 2007 Expedition EL Limited - Startup Hesitation

Hi,

Would anybody know of problems concerning hesitation on startup from a stop position with the new 2007 Expedition.

I have this problem, but it doesn't happen all of the time. If I come to a complete stop and wait for 5 seconds it's okay. If it's any less then that the pecentage chance of a hesitation goes up tremendously.

I've talked to the Dealer and they said it's also happening with the F-150's, with no explanation for why.

Beyond that the Vehicles been great.

Any help would be appreciated
Chuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2007, 08:58   #2 (permalink)
00gtr1

Re: 2007 Expedition EL Limited - Startup Hesitation

The hesation you are feeling is a byproduct of "fly by wire" throttle operation. f-150's and Expeditons equipped with the 3v 5.4 have electronic throttle operation they have eleminated the cable operation. Pretty much every manufactor runs the setup, goverment request to help with fuel mileage. Some vehicles aren't as bad as others, As a ford tech there are some PCM reprograms to help with the problem. I'm not sure about the 07's haven't worked on one yet. Hope this helps.
00gtr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:47   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the explanation.

It doesn't happen all of the time and it's slight when it does. Coming from a V10 Excursion that accelerated very good from a stop. I didn't expect the hesitation from the Expedition.

It's kind of funny that the government is trying to save fuel because I've had a tendency of stepping on the gas even further when this hesitation occurs burning more fuel then I normally would of if it ran like the old vehicles.
Chuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 15:17   #4 (permalink)
00gtr1

No problem glad to help. Also your v10 had a little more pep than the 5.4. Plus with that electronic throttle if you mash the gas some time the throttle doesn't open all the way because you can't feel it. that's where the government comes in. Ford tells us that these engine don't always put out max power until your using the truck ie pulling a trailer or a full load in the back. I'm disappointed they quit production of the excursion there's a lot of people that like them.
00gtr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum