2008 Expedition - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 13:39   #1 (permalink)

mad 2008 Expedition

I just brought a new 2008 Expediton and I have never been as disappointed with a SUV and I have had 3,. My last was a 2001 4x4 Expedition and I was very happy with it. I happily drove the suv for yrs. I use it for my Bridal Shop, haul gowns and items, to weddings and Bridal Shows. The decsion to trade was made on a# of items- nothing wrong with the 2001. Maloy Ford, did not have what I wanted in stock, but found for me ,what I wanted at another dealership and had It send to them. I had told them, I did not want in driven the nearly 400 miles,they said it would be shipped on a van, but it was drove in. They took my 2001 and the deal was made-we paid for the shipping. The 2008, was not the size I wanted, the back seat arrangement was not, right for my business. I have to have a flat back, to carry the dresses. The size of the suv has been hacked down, till it is not right for my use. The Ford, dealer, brought the SUV, to me during my business time and just left it, without me having a chance to check out. That evening I told my husband, the problem, we have talked to the Maloy Ford to no use. I hate the suv and am totally unhappy, but stuck with a suv, that I will have to make 2 trips, when I was able to load everything in one. Needless to say I will Never buy from Malory Ford, in Jasper , Alabama again and will proably not buy another Ford SUV. I do not understand why they cut a great Suv down in size, if people do not like a large SUV, then buy a small one. The 2008 is a fine suv for a family, but not for my use.

Last edited by rvsnavely; 03-20-2008 at 13:44. Reason: misspelling
rvsnavely is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2008, 11:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2008 Expedition

Sorry you had problems with the dealership. I use to work in sales. Ford makes two types, the Expidition and the Expidition EL (extra long). I would suggest you go back to the dealership and talk with the Sales Manager about ordering you an EL with no extra charges. If he fails to satisfy you then ask to speak with the General Manager in private. If he fails go to the Regional Manager or Fordmotorcompany.com You are the customer and if the salesperson made a mistake in ordering your viehicle then the mistake should be corrected.
BigWheelsRolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 14:46   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for reading my problem- This is where we stand

I just brought a new 2008 Expedition and I have never been as disappointed with a SUV and I have had 3, My last was a 2001 Eddie Bauer 4x4 Expedition full loaded and I was very happy with it. I happily drove the suv for yrs. I use it for my Bridal Shop, haul gowns and items, to weddings and Bridal Shows. The decision to trade was made on a# of items- nothing wrong with the 2001. The miles was so low, (79,000) for this year, they joked about my driving it.
Maloy Ford, did not have what I wanted in stock, but said they
Found for one like, what I wanted at another dealership and could have it send to them, but it was in ILL. I had told them not to have it driven, & paid to have it shipped from Ill ( 1800.00), but they would half the cost, with us) and include it in the total price. , I did not want in driven the nearly 400 miles, they said, it would be shipped on a van, but it was driven in, and had over 500 miles on it… They had us sign the papers, before they would get the suv & took the 2001 my the deal was made-we paid for the shipping.
The Ford, dealer, brought the SUV, to me during my business time and just left it at the church up the street, without me having a chance to check out.
The 2008, XLT was not the size I wanted, the back seat arrangement was not, right for my business. I have to have a flat back, to carry the dresses. The size of the suv has been hacked down, till it is not right for my use. When I told this to Malroy Ford Sales Manager, He said that all the 2008, were this size, because people were complaining about them being so big and the gas mileage, so Ford made them smaller. He said they could do nothing, that it was our suv. -- He said I could buy back my 2001 and have two of them. I email ford the next day, filled out the ford forum. Several times I went to the dealership to complain, and was they could do nothing. That was just the size of the new SUV. I was not total about the EL, which would have been the size, I wanted.
When I was buying this suv, I sat and talked to the salesperson, Chonra, about several options, I wanted. The cameral in the mirror and the same things that was on my 2001. I was told it would be a fully loaded XLT. When it was pointed out that the 2008 did not have what I was told it would have, she said, I did not mention it, or any thing else. I have heard one lie after another. We sat and discussed the back up camera and she said that she had one in her car and loved it.
We took the suv to Town and Country ford, and found out that we did not getting the rebates but paid, the price of an EL, (39,000) for the standard., I hate the suv and am totally unhappy, but stuck with a suv, that I will have to make 2 trips in, when I was able to load everything in one. Needless to say I will never buy from Malory Ford, in Jasper, Alabama again and will probably not buy another Ford SUV. I am also telling other people about how we were lied to, mistreated misled about this suv. I am going to send a copy of this letter to ABC 33/40 in Birmingham. I also will probably be seeing an attorney about is problem, if we can not get any help on solving this matter. No -I am not going to get use to this hacked off excuse for an SUV, -like the sales manage said-- I am going to complain until, it leaves my prossion. We can not even trade or sale this pile of junk, in my eyes, because of the over pricing of this suv. We are 7000.00, in the hold now, according to Town & Country - we wanted to trade for the one we wanted. We knew, that we would have to pay some and was prepared to do so, but not 7000.00 dollars, because this suv should not have been over 33 to 34 Thousand dollars, - This is counting the rebates, that were available, and we did not get.
rvsnavely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:58   #4 (permalink)
5.4LTriton V-8

you should have gone to mulliax ford
Fordalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:59   #5 (permalink)
5.4LTriton V-8

you should have gone to mullinax ford
Fordalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 17:19   #6 (permalink)

I agree. Go back to the dealership and talk with the sales manager. Get all of the paper work you were given when they said they would go and get it(the vehicle)

If this does not work see the General Manager.

Next the owner.

The Owner at Dick Smith Ford in Columbia called me to express his concerns of the on going problems with my vehicle. I will be meeting with him on friday. His Service manager brought the problem up in sa taff meeting because of my concern I expressed to him.

I have a few on going problems with the ExpeditionEL. Not the dealship problem but Fords with they are trying to resovle.

The Edpedition EL Limited is a great ride for comfort and hauling. I got it Loaded because of the Five grand children I have. Get on the net and look at it.

Best of luck and keep us posted
FRANK K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum