Ford Forums banner

Blower motor completely stopped working

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  85ltdcrownvic 
#1 ·
I have a 99 e.b. expedition 5.4l triton 4wd with Automatic Climate control (which I love). I have lost all air movement in the front suddenly, heat and a/c. It would turn on and off intermittently when I would hit a bump for a few weeks, then stopped completely. I do have air movement with the back controls. I also do have cool air trying to go through vents, just not being pushed by fan.

-I have replaced the blower motor.. it tests good when attached to battery.

-I have tried to check all relevant fuses, swapped the 40a with another under the hood. replaced regular fuses related to it.

-I do have power coming through the line that plugs into the motor... it goes from i believe 8v to 12v when adjusting the fan from low to high.

-I am losing my mind trying to make sure me and my 4 kids have heat this winter!

Thanks for any ideas and help possible. I did order the repair manual because I'm at such a loss ..

Does anyone know which relay it is? Thats my only idea left...

See less See more
#3 ·
Most likely its a ground issue if it works intermittently going over bumps. My fiances 08 elantra does something similar where it wont work when you get in the car until you smack the blower motor housing. Something is binding in her situation, I hope its something stupid in your situation too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.