A/C problem in 2000 Expedition - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2006, 19:04   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation A/C problem in 2000 Expedition

Have a problem with my a/c...when activated, air comes out of everywhere it is supposed to except the front dash. It comes cold out of the defrost vents, and the rear a/c???/ What is the problem and fix?????? I live in Phx, AZ(HOT!!!)
Thanks
gprado33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2006, 17:41   #2 (permalink)

Re: A/C problem in 2000 Expedition

Does it make any difference where the selector switch is turned? Right off hand, it sounds like the selector switch is malfunctioning. You can try to take it apart to see if they're's anything obviously wrong with it, or you can replace all of the A/C controls (they are all built together).
redneckf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 21:25   #3 (permalink)

Exclamation Re: A/C problem in 2000 Expedition

today, after I "wiggled" a few hoses under the hood, the a/c started to work whenever I let off the gas?? When I accelorated, the air would stop coming out the front vents and shift to coming out the defrost vents??? Could it be a vacuum problem???
Old 05-25-2006, 14:33   #4 (permalink)

I don't think there is any connection between the A/C and vacuum lines. Is your A/C clutch engaging when you are at low throttle and then cutting off at high throttle. Rev your engine to about 2000 RPM and check that out. You might want to pull that A/C cluster to see if there is anything visibly or electrically wrong. As far as I know, the only selector between the different vents is the electrical switch in the cluster.
Old 05-28-2006, 19:32   #5 (permalink)

My air started doing something different today, so I pulled out the controls, and lo and behold...vacuum lines! Guess I was wrong on the last one. Have you figured out the problem?
Old 06-03-2006, 21:35   #6 (permalink)

just took the family to disneyland, luckily didnt really need a/c....I will try what you have suggested and see if it works....thanks for the replies and hopefully I will have good news tomorrow.....
Old 06-04-2006, 17:51   #7 (permalink)

Please respond after you try; I'd like to know how it turns out.
Old 07-12-2008, 22:47   #8 (permalink)

Did this ever get fixed? If so, how was it fixed I am having the same problem and I have tried in vien to replace vaccum lines, check valves, etc... and nothing seems to fix the problem
msnlasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 17:13   #9 (permalink)

I have the same problem in an 2003 Navigator. The A/C works fine when I am idling, but when I step on the gas the cold air stops coming out of the front vents and starts coming out of the defogger vents, when I let go of the gas the cold air comes out of the front vents again. Not the biggest deal but really annoying when it is really hot out. Has anyone found a solution to this? Seems like this problem is affecting a lot of Expeditions and Navigators from a lot of different years out there.
sjp244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 19:40   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprado33 View Post
today, after I "wiggled" a few hoses under the hood, the a/c started to work whenever I let off the gas?? When I accelorated, the air would stop coming out the front vents and shift to coming out the defrost vents??? Could it be a vacuum problem???

You are right the small vacuum hose at firewall has a small pin hole probably by mice or squirrels, that was where my problem was after changing switches dash relays levers so simple after all the headache. the vacuum line holds the diffuser doors to dash or to defroster no vacuum goes to defroster, vacuum then holds doors to dash or floor
catoosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum