A/C Works But No Heat in my 2003 Ford Expedition - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 23:24   #1 (permalink)

A/C Works But No Heat in my 2003 Ford Expedition

I have a 2003 Ford Expedition...... I've only had it since may 2010 and while the A/C works fine, the Heater does not work. It blows air, but not heated. How would one go about troubleshooting the cause. I am thinking that it could be either the climate control switch, the actuator that regulates the flow of hot water through the heater core, the core itself, or something that I have not thought of.

Any suggestions as to where to start first, second, third... well, you get the idea. Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated.
CooCooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 00:33   #2 (permalink)

Re: A/C Works But No Heat

Hi, I would start with checking the heater hoses. See if they are even connected to the heater core. It is very common for people to by-pass the heater core when it leaks. [cheaper than fixing it] Check and see if the heater hoses get hot; They should get too hot to hold onto. Check for a water valve and/or a blend door actuator. Finally the heater core could be just plugged up, or it has very little, or no flow at all.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:38   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooie View Post
I have a 2003 Ford Expedition...... I've only had it since may 2010 and while the A/C works fine, the Heater does not work. It blows air, but not heated. How would one go about troubleshooting the cause. I am thinking that it could be either the climate control switch, the actuator that regulates the flow of hot water through the heater core, the core itself, or something that I have not thought of.

Any suggestions as to where to start first, second, third... well, you get the idea. Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

You have no heat in front or from the rear unit as well ? (Turn the heat control knob full hot and see...) If no heat from either unit look under the hood and see if the vacuum hose is connected to the hot water supply valve. Here's a pic of what to look for:

Also inspect the hoses and make sure nobody monkeyed with them by plugging them off.

Let us know what you find.

- Mike
Hamfisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 20:40   #4 (permalink)

It was the Vacume hose to the Water Flow Valve. We recently had the Expedition in for service and we had a vacume leak fixed. Most likely the mechanich failed to reconnect the line when he was complete with the repairs.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO AND PIC... you probably saved me $100s in dianostic and repair.
Old 10-05-2010, 20:44   #5 (permalink)

It was the Vacume hose to the Water Flow Valve. We recently had the Expedition in for service and we had a vacume leak fixed. Most likely the mechanich failed to reconnect the line when he was complete with the repairs.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO AND PIC... you probably saved me $100s in dianostic and repair.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:20   #6 (permalink)

biggrin Re: A/C Works But No Heat

I am having the same problem and would like to continue this thread. I have a 2001 Ford Expedition EB edition. The front heat and rear heat only blows cold air. The engine temperature gauge shows it is operating at normal temperatures.

I have read posts about blender doors and actuators but I have some questions regarding the rear heat not working. Do they each have their own heater core? The heater hoses (in and out) that attach to the front core through firewall are T shaped with one leg pointed down beside the engine. I assume this goes down and runs to back heater.

I have read a post about it could be the water pump. Would the engine run hot during summer ( I am in Louisiana.) if the pump was not circulating the water properly.

Any help or advice is appreciated.
stang98_la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 21:37   #7 (permalink)

My heater isn't working (95 T-bird), I found that 1 of the hoses in the engine compartment is busted. Shouldn't it be leaking anti-freeze?
HotShotAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 22:24   #8 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

It definitely should. Must be low and no flow. You should post this in the T-bird forum.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum