cabin air filter for a 03 navigator - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2007, 17:23   #1 (permalink)

cabin air filter for a 03 navigator

where is the cabin air filter located? I checked behind the glove box but everything is really sealed up. Looks like you would have to take a lot of things apart just to replace a air filter.
aznav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2007, 05:09   #2 (permalink)

Re: cabin air filter for a 03 navigator

Most filters are accessible through an access panel in the HVAC housing, which may be under the hood or in the interior of the car. Some filters require basic hand tools to remove and install the filter; others just require your hands. Should be an example in your owners manual and should be easy to replace. Check the plastic cover under the windshield or the duct work under the hood.
Old 05-08-2007, 18:14   #3 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

I have never changed a cabin filter on any Ford SUV or truck in all my 7 years working on Ford. I am not even sure if they exist.....................
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 19:16   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 FORD EXPEDITION XLT SPORT
Engine: V8 5.4 Liter FI

Cabin Air Filter; Can only be installed if Ford Kit # F65Z-18D477AA has been installed.

Same part numbers for the 2003 Lincoln Navigator
Old 11-22-2008, 09:24   #5 (permalink)

How would I know if kit F65Z-18D477AA has been installed? I have a stale odor in my cabin that I'd like to get rid of - have tried lots of things but want to know definitively whether or not I have a cabin filter - behind my glove box is a massive a/c "thingee", with no clear way in to change something simple like a filter.
wjbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:27   #6 (permalink)

There is no cabin filter and no add-on filter for this model Navigator or Expedition. The factory service manual in fact states specifically can not be used on these vehicles. You can access the interior inlet by removing the glovebox or just releasing the stop tabs and letting it hang wide open. Try a mold killing spray or fine mist scented bleach sprayed into the interior inlet with the blower on HIGH in interior air recycle mode. This will kill the mold that builds up on the evaporator and most likely get rid of that odor.

-Mike
Hamfisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 14:47   #7 (permalink)

In my owners manual for 03 navigator, it says there's another filter under both front seats. It can be accessed fron the back area and moving the seat forward and up. Only problem is the book doesn call it a cabin filter. And the auto parts store don't have them in stock
msrdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:00   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrdude View Post
In my owners manual for 03 navigator, it says there's another filter under both front seats. It can be accessed fron the back area and moving the seat forward and up. Only problem is the book doesn call it a cabin filter. And the auto parts store don't have them in stock

Those filters under the Navigator seats are for the seat ventilation system, not the overall cabin filtration. There's no cabin filter.

-Mike
Hamfisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 20:05   #9 (permalink)

So does auto parts store sell the seat ventilation system filter or is there a way to clean them?
msrdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 20:40   #10 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Where to find replacements for 07 Expedition small air filters under front seats.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum