The Carwash Claimed My Rear Wiper Arm... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2002, 21:20   #1 (permalink)

The Carwash Claimed My Rear Wiper Arm...

Ive used the same carwash for years and nothing has ever happened to any of my vehicles. They usually tape the wiper down, but this time it didnt help. I was going to have the motor pulled and get it shaved out anyway. They have to do a paint blend and fill on that little dent I got from the "Hit and Run" I was Involved in a few months ago, so Im just going to have them do it then. I cant believe that hard piece of metal snapped like that though. They offered to fix it, but when I told them that It was coming off anyway, they offered me a Big discount on some wash books so I was happy.

DrawsOnCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2003, 19:29   #2 (permalink)
Expedition Member

Have had three of them bite it on my 1998. Go to your local junkyard, and get one for $10.00. Really easy to replace as well.

Good luck if it happens again.
Mike
Old 03-17-2003, 17:22   #3 (permalink)

Car wash? You spend that kinda money on mods and still take your car to a car wash? Your ride deserves far better than that! The pictures of it are great! I came here from the vette forum (Former 99 red coupe) and that's where I really learned how to take car of my car. I have 1 word for you....ZAINO! zaino brothers car wash and polish will make your car look awesome! You can't buy it in any store but can order it on line! (No I'm not a salesman) It's a rather involved process at 1st but well worth the effort! Go to corvetteforms.com and read up in the car care section about the product. You'll also learn why you should never put store bought wax or other products on your clear coat finish! Think I'm crazy? Yes I am you should see me with the leaf blower drying my car while my neigbors stare at me like I'm rainman's cousin! But my paint looks better than factory new! Sorry to hear about your problem but I just cringe when I hear that people take their nice cars to car washes! Car washes are for the daily "beaters" you own or other 2nd cars in your family that aren't your pride and joy! Take care!
2002 XLT with Sport package, Comfort/convenience, 5.4L, Leather interior, Moonroof, tow package, 3.55 Limited slip, side airbags, rear sensing, CD changer. Mods Front tinted windows, Husky MudFlaps, Lund interceptor Bug/stone shield, Advent window vents. And of course Zaino and more Zaino
HPdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum