Ford Forums banner

Clock losing time...

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  meeker 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 Expedition with the indash navigation system. It shows the time on the screen and sometimes the clock just stops ticking away the minutes. It will stay stuck on a certain time and after about 10 minutes it will snap back to the correct time.

Anyone else having this problem?

-Ken

#2 ·
Hi, I'm having the same problem with my nav system in my 2006 Expedition Limited (I hear it's the Visteon OEM). Initially it was fine, but recently it's been "freezing" up. By this I mean the clock displayed in the upper right corner stops updating - it will show the same time for over an hour on long trips! The location also starts to get very wrong very quickly (I assume this is the dead-reckoning system being used rather than GPS). I thought the only way to fix it was to turn the vehicle off completely, then start up again. But it will eventually happen again. Recently I found that doing a manual position change (somewhere in the Menu->System menu) will also cause it to recover. I've noticed the compass indication being any colour incl red or white - it doesn't seem to matter.

What kind of troubleshooting steps should I be looking at? Is the antenna behind the rear view mirror, or is that the compass?

Also, anybody know if the 2007 CD update by Navteq includes Calgary AB in the update? My house (purchased in 2003) isn't even on their previous map... :-(

And, for a final request from this very helpful group - how could I find information related to this Nav system online? I'd like to check if there's a firmware/software update available. How could I find for sure the manufacturer and model #, and any support information?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.