Code P1633 on '01 Expedition - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 13:02   #1 (permalink)

Code P1633 on '01 Expedition

Hello, My buddy has a '01 Expedition 5.4L AWD. Recently his SES light came on and he noticed that when he turned the key to "on", the gauges would move all the way to the right then back to the left. When he would start it, the display on the climate control didnt work and the blower motor was stuck on max heat. I took it to Autozone for him and they scanned it and it showed a P1633 code. It said the KAM voltage was too low.

I checked the fuses and found a 5A fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse, drove the truck for 30 miles or so and everythng was back to normal. After the truck sat for 4-5 days, we started it again and the gauges and heater are messed up again. I checked that same fuse and once again it is blown.

What could be causing this fuse to blow???

Thanks!

-Drew
drews240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2009, 19:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: Code P1633 on '01 Expedition

which fuse keeps blowing? 5A to which component?

KAM is Keep Alive Memory, maybe a low battery?
Old 01-01-2009, 19:34   #3 (permalink)

Fuse locations 2,6,7,8,15,18,20,27 & 29 are the 5A fuse locations in the passenger compartment fuse box.

There seems to be a common problem of leaking windshield dropping water in the top of the fusebox on the GEM Module. This could be a possibility. If you do a web search on GEM Module for the 2000-2001 Exp. you'll see what I mean.
Old 01-02-2009, 13:35   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies. This problem did start when it had been rainy for a couple days. The fuse that is blowing is

fuse #2 - Overhead Trip Computer, Electronic
Automatic Temperature Control (EATC),
Powertrain Control Module (PCM),
Cluster

I think i'll go check to see if there is moisture on the fuse box. Hopefully theres not a short in my PCM somewhere.
Old 01-02-2009, 14:49   #5 (permalink)

Ok I took off the interior drivers side A-pillar cover. I don't see any signs of water leakage. I took a big cup of water and poured it all over the top drivers side of the windshield and watched on the inside and didnt see a drop of water. I began to take out the fuse box - what a pain! I have it partially out, however the wires are too short for me to be able to pull it all the way out without removing the dashboard. From what I can see, I don't see any signs of moisture. Any more ideas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum