door panel, remove? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2006, 07:31   #1 (permalink)

Question door panel, remove?

How do you remove the driver's door panel on Expedition? Window is stuck in the down postion.
justo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2006, 09:15   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: door panel, remove?

What year Expedition?
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:14   #3 (permalink)

Exclamation Re: door panel, remove?

Need to remove 97 XLT door panel.
latinowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 13:41   #4 (permalink)

hello, Im new here, if there is an introduction forum I will post an into ASAP.

I have a similar situation, I have a 97 Expedition with a front passenger side window that has come off its track and is down. I would like to pull the door panel off and at least put it in the up positon until I can get it to my mechanic or get the parts and do it myself. I need to get it up ASAP because its dropping in tempurature and I park outside as well. I dont want any criminal element getting to my truck, or any environmental problems affecting it either...defniatley hoping it doesnt rain any time soon

If someone can tell me how to remove the front passenger door panel on a 97 Expedition, I would greatly appreciate it
capodecina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 17:09   #5 (permalink)
Always the student

You'll have to find the screws and remove them first. Usual places are, the arm rest, interior pull handle(behind the plastic trim) sometimes behind light lenses, and sometimes there is a triangle shaped trim opposite the mirror that needs to be removed.
After all the screw are removed, pry the panel away from the door, starting at the bottom.Don't pry out at the top, but lift up the panel to remove from the top edge of the door.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 20:44   #6 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Door panels are easy to remove on almost all models (except new Mustangs) and can be done by anyone with a few tools and some common sense. Like the fonz said, pull up before pulling out after removing all fasteners.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum