Engine difference 2005 Nav v 2005 Mark LT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 13:56   #1 (permalink)

Engine difference 2005 Nav v 2005 Mark LT

Hi Guys,
I am having major problems with the brakes in my Nav. The dealer says the brakes are in good shape, but to get the car to stop we are really having to brute force the brake pedal down.

I have found this recall for the Mark LT, Does the 05 Navigator have the same engine as the Mark LT? My dealer claims no...but I'd like independent verification:)

Thanks!
Steven

"Affected vehicles: Certain 2005-2006 F-150 and Mark LT vehicles equipped with 5.4L 3-valve engines
Situation: The brake booster vacuum hose attached to the intake manifold fitting on the affected vehicles may swell over time and lose retention force. This condition could allow the hose to detach from the fitting during an engine backfire, resulting in loss of power brake assist and increased brake pedal effort. As a result, stopping distance may increase and potentially result in a crash."
stevenjj71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 14:28   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Engine difference 2005 Nav v 2005 Mark LT

If the hose came off, you'd have a high idle speed and VERY hard to stop. It would be like when the engine is off.

One check of the booster is by pumping the brakes a few times with the engine off. Then hold the brake pedal down and start the engine. The pedal should drop a little when the engine starts as it draws out the vacuum.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 14:45   #3 (permalink)
canuck

Recalls are generally safety related, however, check for any TSB's (technical service bulletins) for your vehicle. You might get lucky and find something similar or perhaps something entirely different. Original owners generally get mailed info on the TSBs, but a second owner isn't notified and has to check with the dealer. I'm not sure, but you might find some info on the NHTSA website.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 15:22   #4 (permalink)

"The brake booster vacuum hose attached to the intake manifold fitting"

I've been googling trying to find a picture of this. Is this a hose that would be visible by just opening the hood? Or would it be hidden under something?
stevenjj71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum