Expedition 2002 new owner - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2006, 12:50   #1 (permalink)

Expedition 2002 new owner

Hey guys! Just bought a 2002 Expedition XLT a few days ago, love the truck!! Really nice! Bought it from a non-Ford dealer and no owners manual and only 1 key and remote. I tried downloading the owners manual from the Ford web site, but it came back saying "...2002 not available for downloading...". I did order a new key fob from ebay tho. Thought I'd get nearest Ford dealer to cut a few keys for me & was quoted $100.00 for the 1st key and $20.00 for the second, plus service charges to program them. Any cheaper way around this? He said they are "Pass keys" and have small IC Chips inside. Can anyone help with the key thing or a manual? He said I could cut the key for entry into the vehicle, but it won't start the truck. Thanks in advance for any help you could give!!
Gary in Baltimore.
garytmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2006, 16:28   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: Expedition 2002 new owner

You must use PATS keys and have them programmed. No other way around it.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 19:40   #3 (permalink)

I was afraid of that. Thanks for the reply. You wouldn't know how I'd find out the code for the keyless entry touchpad on the drivers side door, would ya?
Old 07-12-2006, 12:24   #4 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytmb
I was afraid of that. Thanks for the reply. You wouldn't know how I'd find out the code for the keyless entry touchpad on the drivers side door, would ya?
Look for a box (module) on the driver's side under the dash. It should have a label with the code on it. If not, then the Dealer who programs your keys should retrieve the door code also for no additional cost.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 16:31   #5 (permalink)

Mullet Man:
Thanks for the help! Got the code and I now understand why you need 2 working keys to program more. The dealer retrieved the door code when he did the keys. Finally got the manual in the mail, 16.00 from Ebay. I had no idea about the air suspension. Gonna hafta read more on this forum about that. I wanna learn everything I can about this truck. Last truck was a Cherokee -- Wow! -- totally different class truck!
Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum