Expedition AC blows hot - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2005, 14:34   #1 (permalink)

confused Expedition AC blows hot

I'd appreciate some help trobleshooting my 2001 Expedition 4x2 w/ 5.4L. Nothing really fancy Well, so it's really my wife's car. But I digress...

It has dual (front/back) AC & heat. Lately, the front vents always blow hot air (once the engine's warm). The rears blow hot or cold OK, so I guess it has a good charge. Or is it two separate systems?

I've seen some notes online about the blender door actuator. When I turn the temp control knob for the front, there's no sound or thumps or anything. Just hot air.

So, shall I tear apart the dash to check the temp control and blender actuator? What/where else to check? Is the link between the temp control and the blender actuator a vacuum line?

Bright ideas are definitely welcome.

Thanks,
Glenn
gwliston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2005, 00:29   #2 (permalink)

Re: Expedition AC blows hot

I've noticed this on my 97. When I turn the actual heat/cool control from full cool to about mid-way between cool and warm, then back to cool, the air immediately kicks in cool. I think it might have something to do with the switch going out or maybe having something blocking the contacts within the switch (dust, etc.). Try that before tearing the entire dash out trying to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwliston
I'd appreciate some help trobleshooting my 2001 Expedition 4x2 w/ 5.4L. Nothing really fancy Well, so it's really my wife's car. But I digress...

It has dual (front/back) AC & heat. Lately, the front vents always blow hot air (once the engine's warm). The rears blow hot or cold OK, so I guess it has a good charge. Or is it two separate systems?

I've seen some notes online about the blender door actuator. When I turn the temp control knob for the front, there's no sound or thumps or anything. Just hot air.

So, shall I tear apart the dash to check the temp control and blender actuator? What/where else to check? Is the link between the temp control and the blender actuator a vacuum line?

Bright ideas are definitely welcome.

Thanks,
Glenn
rob_in_sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 18:23   #3 (permalink)

Re: Expedition AC blows hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_in_sac
I've noticed this on my 97. When I turn the actual heat/cool control from full cool to about mid-way between cool and warm, then back to cool, the air immediately kicks in cool. I think it might have something to do with the switch going out or maybe having something blocking the contacts within the switch (dust, etc.). Try that before tearing the entire dash out trying to fix it.
Unfortunately, the switch is working quite well. The resistance changes smoothly across the range.

Thanks anyways.
gwliston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 20:27   #4 (permalink)

cool Re: Expedition AC blows hot

Hello,

Try this post, it seems to describe your problem:
http://www.blenddoorfix.netfirms.com

Cheers!
AZFlyer
AZFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum