Ford Forums banner

Expedition Brake Problems

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  00gtr1 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone is having a problem with rotors and barkes on the 2003 or newer Expedtions and F150 trucks. I know of three Expedtions and three F150 trucks which had to have the rotors replaced between 13,000 and 18,000 miles. The service people are claiming this is normal wear and tear. They also stated that it is because they are making the brake pads lighter to make it less noisy. I have had numerous vehicles and never had to replace the rotors but now all of a sudden it's normal wear and tear. Come on! You can't tell me this is not a Ford problem but hey pass the buck and blame the drivers.

#2 ·
Throughout the years customers have been complaining of squeaking brakes now every manufacturer has some type of brake issue. Iam a Ford tech and ive seen first hand the problem with various vehicles 03-expeditions, 04-F-150, all focus models, escapes, 500, freestyles and freestars. The problem is with all the customer complaints the engineers decided to make the rotors out of softer metal so they will wear with the brake pad, and the byproduct of that is faster rotor failure and angry customers. Now most of these ford models have updated brake pads some of them get them at the factory but most are out of warranty so the customer has to fork up the money. I think ford has changed the warranty on 06 models to 12 months or 18,000 miles, but that always changes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.