Expedition Ignition off, blower on?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2005, 09:02   #1 (permalink)

Expedition Ignition off, blower on??

When I turn the ignition off, the blower comes on.
Has happened twice before in past year. Dealer never can find a real problem, claims that it fixes itself???
Jbihner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2005, 00:31   #2 (permalink)
RATfink Moderator

Re: Expedition Ignition off, blower on??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbihner
Has happened twice before in past year. Dealer never can find a real problem, claims that it fixes itself???
the only thing i can tell you is that nothing Ever fixes itself. any more details on the problem?
OlSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:10   #3 (permalink)

So true as it has happened three times.

The last time it did this, the lights and the radio came on when it was turned off as well as the blower!

1. I took the blower fuse out and it does kill the motor
2. Was sitting outside (rained) when it happened
3. I drove it about 15 miles, turned it off, (all was good), started it and turned it off about 3 times, blower cam on again..
Old 01-04-2005, 00:24   #4 (permalink)
RATfink Moderator

Quote:
So true as it has happened three times.

The last time it did this, the lights and the radio came on when it was turned off as well as the blower!

1. I took the blower fuse out and it does kill the motor
2. Was sitting outside (rained) when it happened
3. I drove it about 15 miles, turned it off, (all was good), started it and turned it off about 3 times, blower cam on again..
What year was this thing again. the reason i ask is that my teacher told me about a year when the explorer had a service bulletin out for them, sorta like a recall. and i guess the radio/door locks/windows/lights etc..etc.. just go nuts. i guess the problem was a short to ground. my suggestion, go to the dealer ask if there were any recalls/service bulletins out for your year/make truck. but dont pay anything, just tell them the symptoms, and see if they know of anything. MY .02 cents
Old 01-04-2005, 18:19   #5 (permalink)

Solved!!!

Windshield Seal went bad, water leaked in and corroded the '#$&' out of the fuse box (under dash) corruption, etc.......
Old 01-04-2005, 19:42   #6 (permalink)
RATfink Moderator

Quote:
Solved!!!

Windshield Seal went bad, water leaked in and corroded the '#$&' out of the fuse box (under dash) corruption, etc.......
Excellent. good find bro.
Old 12-10-2005, 21:03   #7 (permalink)

Thank you for sharing this information! I own a 2001 Navigator that was doing the same thing (radio, blower motor, door chime all coming on by itself with the key removed). I also have a leak in my window which corroded my fuse box until the accessory contacts made contact with a steady hot contact inside the fuse panel. I removed the fuse panel (disconnecting the battery first) and opened it up cleaned the corrosion from between the plates inside and all is well again. I still have to reseal my windshield, but that will be coming soon. This is a bitch of a job so I suggest if you are a first timer, take lots of digital pictures. You can refer back to them when you reassemble your truck so you don't have extra parts left over!
richklooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 15:39   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd suggest having the dealer check the fuse panel for signs of water leakage. I've been investigating a similar issue with my escape and it seems that the leakage problem is most common in expeditions and the symptoms can manifest itself in numerous ways. Ultimately, it gets worse, not better.
fryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 11:47   #9 (permalink)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy
I'd suggest having the dealer check the fuse panel for signs of water leakage. I've been investigating a similar issue with my escape and it seems that the leakage problem is most common in expeditions and the symptoms can manifest itself in numerous ways. Ultimately, it gets worse, not better.

I have the same problem with my expedition. After removing the fuse box, I drilled holes in the lower corners on both sides as well as the wiring plug box. After that, I placed the fuse box in the oven at 175 degrees and baked it for 1 hour. This should cause all of the water inside to evaporate.

I will next remove it and place it back into the truck. Wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum