Expedition Navigation? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 17:55   #1 (permalink)

Expedition Navigation?

Hey all,

I just picked up a 2005 Expedition.. So far, I LOVE the truck.

It came packed with the built in Navigation System. unfortunately for me, the disk for my local area that it came with was destroyed.. After having shelled out 22k for the truck, I did not want to drop an additional $200.00 for the CD set which is the only way the dealer tells me I can buy it..

Has anyone out there been able to create a custom set with other mapping software? It looks to simply be a Navteq map..

Any information would be great..

Thanks
G
Glennemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 12:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: Expedition Navigation?

Do you know if the NAV system takes a CDR/DVDR copy? Do you know anyone with an Expedition with NAV (with the correct disk)? If yes to both questions, then you can make a backup of the disk and try it.

You say yours was damaged, so having a CDR/DVDR backup and keeping your damaged disk should make it ok (I'm not a lawyer nor do I portray one on TV).

Good luck.
tk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:29   #3 (permalink)

cool Re: Expedition Navigation?

I could not agree more.. Legally it should be fine.. I Do have the set, and the map 7 is damaged.. Unfortunately, I cannot locate anyone with a copy of the software that I would be able to duplicate.. I was able to use a CDR copy of the software that I made off of another disk, to see if it would work. It read it fine..

As a matter of fact, I have 2 sets.. 1 is 1v, the other is 2v. 1v has a damaged disk 7, and 2v has a missing disk 7. Amazing that the one that I would need is the one that is missing or damaged lol.. Thats the way my luck runs...

G
Old 02-15-2008, 20:36   #4 (permalink)

Try asking around forums like this one or Expeditionforums.com

You might get lucky. Then there's always ebay.

tk
tk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:40   #5 (permalink)

Thanks TK. I was hoping someone out there would be able to assist with a copy of the software.. Always feel strange (Even though I have a legal copy) of asking for things like that...

SO, on that note If anyone out there would be graceous enough to be able to burn me a copy, or ship an ISO image my way of the disk 7 for version 2v, that would be greatly appreciated..

G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum