Feedback on muffler system - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2002, 21:07   #1 (permalink)

Feedback on muffler system

Hi guys and gals !!

Ford baby !!! just new to this website ! boy its a awesome website for only ford !!!! yeah baby !!!!

okay. i just purchased 1998 ford expendition ! its a blue thunder baby ! 1998 blue and its 4.6 ! i have been investing a little money into this.. but my birthday was recently so i have some buckaroo about 200 bucks ! um im thinking about upgrade my muffler system.. i have been hearing pro and con about muffler system doing dual or single..

Since im on tight budget.. i would prefer for single muffler..
anyone have suggestion for nice loud mean sound muffler ? i went to muffler shop they r charing me 180 bucks for flowmaster with my stock tailpipe !!! what ya think ??

I have been attending to the beach alot during summer out in smithtpoint in long island ! great 4 wheeling for beach !!

so..anyone have feedback or some kind of suggestion that i could use on tight budget for nice loud deep sound ? that kick chevy rear end ! smile..

take care..
ford baby !!

Johns
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2002, 03:05   #2 (permalink)
Expedition Member

I went with the Gibson Side-swept cat-back on my 1998 5.4L. Not too offensive sound-wise, but VERY noticible power increase. J.C. Whitney was about $289.00, installed it myself. Really easy to do. Alternately, header installation on the Expedition is a beast . God, what a job!! If they charge $300.00 for labor, it's probably fair. $180.00 for the muffler & install seems a bit high. I'm almost finished after two days...
Old 06-06-2002, 17:14   #3 (permalink)

Thats about the same price I paid for my Flowmaster 40 Duals. My truck has a very throaty roar. Take a look at the site under my signature, Ive linked the websites to all the mods on my truck, you might be able to find some more info there. Also there are a few more Informative ford boards.

Hope this helps!!

DrawsOnCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 18:54   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for muffler feedback !! 7 back wiper doesnt work ??

Hey guys !!!

Sorry i havent get chance to get back you guys and thanks for your time.. I would love to have dual muffler.. some of my friend say it could cause lose some back pressure.. my wife is freaking out with throaty sound !! told her it doesnt bother me since im hearing imparied !! lol !!! well..

Im trying to think and hopefully ill get one when i decide.. any of you guys live in long island ny ??

umm..

one question my back wiper doesnt work.. i think i popped the fuse.. um.. i located the fusebox but i dont have the owner manuals.. so heh..any of you know which fuse i can find ??
thanks

Later dude..
Johns
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum