Front ashtray - 2003 Navigator - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 00:47   #1 (permalink)

confused Front ashtray - 2003 Navigator

Hi. I have a 2003 Navigator and need your help, please.

I need to remove the front ashtray (as in emptying) to reach a fuel discount card, which has slipped down the back.

I have read the manual, but am unable to find instructions on how this is done.

Many thanks in advance.
Chordiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 07:47   #2 (permalink)

Re: Front ashtray - 2003 Navigator

Any ideas?

Anyone?

Please.!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:21   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

Never done one but came across this for changing the radio on another forum that mentions removing the ash tray . Might help you , not sure .
.................................................................................................... .....
I believe it is for a '04 Navigator. I assume it's the same because '03 and '04 are identical to me anyway.
"Open the center console lid.
On the back of the window switches is a little push clip that never fits in quite right. Push the center of this clip IN, and then pull the clip itself OUT.
Now pull the whole window switch assembly straight up. It's held in by push clips on each side. Unplug all the connectors and set aside.
This reveals 2 7mm bolts at the rear of the cupholder/gear shifter bezel. Remove those and pull that bezel out. It is held in by those 2 screws in the back, and push clips in the front.
The chrome piece around the gear selector will pop off when you lift this piece out. That's fine and normal it just pushes on there.
After that is out of the way, you reveal 2 more 7mm screws at the bottom of the main radio/ac bezel. Remove those.
Unplug the cigarette lighter. If you want, you can unplug the ashtray bulb as well, but i usually leave it in as its a pain to get back in.
That's all that holds the trim bezel in the rest is push clips. You'll have to play around with the radio door/cover in different positions to get the bezel off. And it will probably keep flying open as your trying to get the bezel off.
Once you get the bottom away unplug the A/C controls. Also once the get the top away you will have just enough room to not be able to unplug the clock at the top they conveniently leave that harness pretty tight. I usually remove the entire clock rather than unplugging it, but whatever is easier for you.
Also make sure you do this on flat ground as the ebrake will take itself off automatically when you take the shifter out of gear to remove the bezel. Once you get the bezel out of the way the radio is held in by 2 7mm's.

Good luck,
05Navigator
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:38   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.S.LOGAN View Post
Never done one but came across this for changing the radio on another forum that mentions removing the ash tray . Might help you , not sure .
.................................................................................................... .....
I believe it is for a '04 Navigator. I assume it's the same because '03 and '04 are identical to me anyway.
"Open the center console lid.
On the back of the window switches is a little push clip that never fits in quite right. Push the center of this clip IN, and then pull the clip itself OUT.
Now pull the whole window switch assembly straight up. It's held in by push clips on each side. Unplug all the connectors and set aside.
This reveals 2 7mm bolts at the rear of the cupholder/gear shifter bezel. Remove those and pull that bezel out. It is held in by those 2 screws in the back, and push clips in the front.
The chrome piece around the gear selector will pop off when you lift this piece out. That's fine and normal it just pushes on there.
After that is out of the way, you reveal 2 more 7mm screws at the bottom of the main radio/ac bezel. Remove those.
Unplug the cigarette lighter. If you want, you can unplug the ashtray bulb as well, but i usually leave it in as its a pain to get back in.
That's all that holds the trim bezel in the rest is push clips. You'll have to play around with the radio door/cover in different positions to get the bezel off. And it will probably keep flying open as your trying to get the bezel off.
Once you get the bottom away unplug the A/C controls. Also once the get the top away you will have just enough room to not be able to unplug the clock at the top they conveniently leave that harness pretty tight. I usually remove the entire clock rather than unplugging it, but whatever is easier for you.
Also make sure you do this on flat ground as the ebrake will take itself off automatically when you take the shifter out of gear to remove the bezel. Once you get the bezel out of the way the radio is held in by 2 7mm's.

Good luck,
05Navigator
Thank you very much.
Old 01-07-2013, 13:56   #5 (permalink)
Moderators

Glad to help , hope you get your fuel discount card out o.k .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum