Heated and cooling seat question in 2007 Navigator - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 06:53   #1 (permalink)

Heated and cooling seat question in 2007 Navigator

Just bought a 07 Nav w/out owners manual. when I push heated or ac seat buttons all 3 lights light up then just disappear w/out seats working , this same thing happens w/ both seats and both buttons for both seats. Am i doing something wrong? THANKS in advance
doni5717846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 21:06   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Heated and cooling seat question

You can download a copy here. https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp
Old 11-29-2010, 15:57   #3 (permalink)

The manual does not address your issue. I also have that similiar problem with an 06 Navigator. Once you press the button the lights come on and the fan starts running under the seat but then both shut off in about 5 seconds. My passenger side started acting up first then the next day the driver side started. Same symptons on driver and passenger side but not simutaneously. Once it shuts off nothing comes on until you shut off car and restart then same thing over again when you push button.

Heard it could be one of the following:
1. Fuses - no because lights and fan come on and it will reset after car restarted. And fuses look fine.
2. Blower fan (not likely since they start running for a short time and unlikely both fans would go out within a day of each other)
3. Climate Control Seat Module (CCSM) - Maybe since one module controls both seats, however is seems like once one seat goes out then the other seat should not even try to start but it does???
4. TED (Thermo elec device) - Little sensors that shut down heat when an overtemp is reached. Maybe but odd that both seats would go out within a day of each other.

Anyone out there have any ideas?
schalmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 21:44   #4 (permalink)

Have the same problem on my 2005 - just took it to my "guy", and the fuses are fine...He tol me my issue is the CCSM - once he driver seat goes out (after 4 seconds), the passenger seat does nothing...no lights, no heat, no a/c...
loid1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 19:21   #5 (permalink)

Re: Heated and cooling seat question in 2007 Navigator

So the drivers side CCSM is the smart one and the Passenger side CCSM is the dumb one? If neither side works (IE any light comes on for a second, then goes off) then the drivers side CCSM is belly-up? Or can the Passenger side CCSM be bad, causing the Drivers side to not work either?
TDIDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum