how do I replace (A/C) blend door actuator on my 99 expedition???? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2005, 12:58   #1 (permalink)

how do I replace (A/C) blend door actuator on my 99 expedition????

how do I replace (A/C) blend door actuator on my 99 expedition???? It has manual air control.
jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2009, 20:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: how do I replace (A/C) blend door actuator on my 99 expedition????

I'm trying to figure out how to get the the blend doors. My Chilton's manual is horrible. Let me know when you find out.

Thanks,

Gordon
gjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:18   #3 (permalink)

The actuator? That may be the same problem I have on my 99 Expedition. One cold morning, I turned my temp control knob to full heat to warm the cabin in the PANEL selection. Then at 4 PM going back to work with 90 degree temps, I turned the temp knob back to COLD for outside air and it remained HOT. It still remains hot and I guess I can't get my blender door to close on the heater core and go to normal outside air. When I turn the knob, there is absolute silence. I don't think the shaft is broken,so, I believe it is the electronic actuator. My air selector( dash deflection areas) and airconditioning work fine accept, I need to get the blender door to close off the heat so I can cool down my cabin. The day before this problem, I was using my Air conditioning and outside cool air just great. I do remember trying out the rear passenger controls because I just bought the vehicle. Please help me cool down my cabin. Thanks. Scott
King Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 13:23   #4 (permalink)

Its funny....about 2000 people have looked at this post, but no one has really answered it......Does anybody know how to fix this problem? Seems like a common Ford issue.....

Tripp
etripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 18:30   #5 (permalink)

I would like to know how to get to the blend door. Apparently the original owner that I bought mine from, had something fall from the vent on top of the dash and into the airbox. One time, the door stuck open when I wanted heat and I found out when I wanted fresh cold air(when it was 90 degrees out). It returned to normal one moring when I took a turn and maybe hit a bump. Apparently it dislodged what ever is rolling back and fourth in there now. I would really like to retrieve it so I can use my doors again. My buddy told me that things can actually fall from the top of the dash and through the vent, straight into that air box! I wonder if it is a pen or something simular. I really hope this is simple and I think it is interfering with my blend door. Please tell me if this is a simple retrieval. Thanks. Scott
Old 05-24-2009, 20:25   #6 (permalink)

to get to the blend door you are going to have to remove ur dash or loosen it enough,about six inches,to get to it.it took me six hours to change mine.a shop est.was five hours and like $509 to do it.i aint gonna lie.it sucks to replace.if u have the money pay someone to do it.have it done.
thundercougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 14:06   #7 (permalink)

Excu excu excuse me, bu bu but, you hav have my sta sta stapler
Old 05-26-2009, 03:26   #8 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Not dissimilar to Ford the world over including our oz Falcons. The Dash has to be removed or at least pulled forward. See Lincolns of Distinction for what involved on a Lincoln.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:38   #9 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Also see Quick and Easy Blend Door Replacement Tutorial - Ford Explorer Ranger Enthusiasts Serious Explorations
and Free Ford Blend Door Fix this covers your Expedition.
and WikiAnswers - How do you repair the blend door in the heater on a 2004 Ford Explorer
Blend door replacement with pictures - F150online Forums
Google Image Result for http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/blend_door_repair/blend_door_actuator.jpg
http://www.heatertreater.net/Final%2...fo.htm#History

Note SAABs and Dodge/Chrysler/Jeeep have similar blend door issues so it's not just a Ford thing
Old 05-26-2009, 12:07   #10 (permalink)

Cool! Thanks for the info. Scott
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum