How to order new w/out the "package" - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 20:58   #1 (permalink)

How to order new w/out the "package"

My wife and I have been looking to purchase a new car (Ford/Merc/Lincoln of course) with out having to include all the crap they hand you.

For instance; we want manual transmission (comes in the F250; why not the Expedition?), biggest motor they build, limited slip diff with the highest gears we can get, a/c, power steering/brakes/windows, leather seats, entertainment system for the kids and the tow "package".

We don't want SYNC (#uc< Microsoft), Voice navigation, 40 disc in dash cd player, changing color dash lights, cargo mats, mud flaps, "convenience package, lighted door sills etc etc etc ..

Can't a customer just pick what they want? Waiting for the vehicle to be finished is no worry if I'm going to get what I want; not what's available.

I once met a guy that worked for Ford. He drive custom vehicles from the plant to the dealerships for customers that ordered special vehicles. He was telling about some of the crazy stuff people had ordered; much of it wasn't even listed on their order sheets (you had to ask for them).

Any advice or help would be appreciated. We've got a lot of money saved for our next vehicle (we're leaning towards the Lincoln Navigator or Ford Expedition).
67Comet202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2010, 22:10   #2 (permalink)

Re: How to order new w/out the "package"

Hi, I think the days of custom orders [meaning, choosing things not on their build list or in a package] have been over for decades. You either have to buy a fleet of vehicles or buy the closest thing to what you want and have a custom builder do the rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum