Lincoln Navigator Right for Me? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 04:15   #1 (permalink)

Lincoln Navigator Right for Me?

Hello everyone,
I am new to the fourms and am just looking for some advice. Within the next year hopefully, I am looking to purchase a used SUV, probably under 10k, most likely at around an 8k value. I have looked at the Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, Xterra etc, but after seeing some very well priced and well furnished Navigators on Autotrader, I thought I would post here. I have always been interested in the full size SUV%s because of the look they give, the safety, the extra space and seating that is available when needed, etc. Although the 7 seats wouldnt be used often, it would be nice to have when needed. This vehicle will not be given many miles, as I go to University in a year and a half, except for in the summers when university is done. My main question is, would a Navigator be suitable for me, and if so, why would it be more than any of the options I have listed? Also, if not, any reccomendations for other Lincolns, or SUV%s would be great. Thanks alot. This vehicle would need to be used, in the price range I listed. Also, what is the reasonable limit of km%s I should really look for?

Finally, here are two ads I found, what do you think of them? Good choices?

1998 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR

1998 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR
FORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2009, 08:17   #2 (permalink)

Re: Lincoln Navigator Right for Me?

I'd spend a bit more for the newer body style, well worth it IMO.
04Navigator04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:20   #3 (permalink)
TECHNINE & NOMIS UK

Not sure if its worth it for you,

But ive had my 05 navigator for two years now and love it, in the past ive had range rovers and a few other luxury 4x4's and the Navigator is my favorite by far.

Parts arent the cheapest and I would say stick to the motorcraft parts if you can, but if you look after it and keep the services and fluid changes up it will last for a long time.

Plus you can fit some tidy 26" rims under those arches with no problems
oneloveofboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 15:08   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneloveofboard View Post
Not sure if its worth it for you,

But ive had my 05 navigator for two years now and love it, in the past ive had range rovers and a few other luxury 4x4's and the Navigator is my favorite by far.

Parts arent the cheapest and I would say stick to the motorcraft parts if you can, but if you look after it and keep the services and fluid changes up it will last for a long time.

Plus you can fit some tidy 26" rims under those arches with no problems
Thanks for the advice. Any reason specifically why you think it would not be worth it for me though?
FORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:37   #5 (permalink)
TECHNINE & NOMIS UK

Hey there,

I would say if you want one then its worth it for you, but just do a bit of digging on services and stuff and make sure its been looked after, and I would change the plugs, fluids and filters when you get it just to make sure and for your peace of mind.
oneloveofboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 14:30   #6 (permalink)
canuck

I concur. Buy one that comes with previous maintenance records and make sure any and all recalls have been performed. I also prefer the newer body style over the old, however the old body style (I can't recall what year they changed) had the solid rear axle versus the independent suspension the current version has. I'm more into the 'real' trucks than I am soft-roaders, otherwise I'd get an early model Expedition. It can be had with nearly the same options for a lower cost and there are more available on the used market and parts should also be cheaper...which would be a main factor that I would consider if I was heading back to Uni.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum