Looking at 07-08 Expeditions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 04:33   #1 (permalink)

Looking at 07-08 Expeditions

There are quite a few used 07&08 Expeditions nearby that I am looking at. Unfortunately there isn't much reliability info out there yet on this new redesign. Any info or recommendations would be appreciated.
lewisnc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 11:32   #2 (permalink)

Re: Looking at 07-08 Expeditions

I got myself a used Enterprise Rent-A-Car 07 Expedition. I got it in Dec and it was new in Feb 07. It had 19,600 miles and has been a great buy for me (under $20K). I'm very pleased because the biggest depreciation had already occurred, and so I'm more inclined to ignore any "imperfections" it might have (scuffs on door panels, and the standard paint chips / door dings, etc). I don't even mind that I'm still finding dried french fries under the seats whenever I clean it (I thought I had vacuumed them all out already).

Anyways, it's been several thousand miles and I'm still very happy. As with any vehicle, there are always the occasional lemon (had a lemon Lexus once). Of course, lemons can happen new or used. Do you feel lucky?

tk
tk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 13:34   #3 (permalink)

Funny you mention that yours was a rental, the majority of the 07s locally for sale were rentals. If I get the Expedition it would replace a Ford Windstar, and honestly I doubt there are many cars with worse reliability than that van so I'm feeling lucky compared to what it will replace. Glad to hear your is working out good.
lewisnc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:23   #4 (permalink)
Frustrated EXPY owner

I'm not aware of a redesign, other than superficial (panels etc) than the 03-06 Expedition/Navigator. If you can get Navigator for Expedition money, That would be nice. It's always a nice thing to feel like a baller. As for problems. The expeditions are NOTORIOUS for having the same 10 things go wrong with them all the time. LOL I find that with most cars the same things go out on all the models. They're just 10 different things from model to model. This forum is an excellent source for quick CHEAP fixes. I've had some issues. None major. None warranted a trip to the dealer after I checked on here.

Good luck

DG
Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:39   #5 (permalink)

So, I gotta ask. What are the items on the top ten list of Ford Expedition problems?

tk
tk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum