Loose Wire or Fuse Block? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 08:16   #1 (permalink)

Loose Wire or Fuse Block?

Hi,
I have had my 1998 Expy 4WD with the 4.6lL since 2005. It has been a great, although under-powered, trouble-free vehicle for the most part, with minimal trips to the mechanic.

However, last night an issue arose and it fixed itself but I know it will be back. I started & drove it from my office to a friend's house after it having sat all day. It was really cold outside but as always there were no issues at all with the Expy. I left after a 45 minute visit and the Expy started right up but then I noticed the problem. The wipers did not work. And, I then noticed the radio had an issue: I had lights on the radio but no display...the display was black. My immediate thought was a fuse but why would I have radio lights but no music or display? Odd. And, I had all my dash lights and head lights as normal. I did not check the rear lights. It was this way for the next 12 miles or so until I got on to the dirt road leading to my house, and all of a sudden on one of the 1st bumps on the road the music started to play. So, I tried the wipers and they worked. I have started it this morning and it is runnign fine with music and wipers, and being covered in snow & ice does not matter.

My question is...where would you 1st look to find the cause of this issue? This is odd..no wipers, no music, no radio display, but other radio lights?
amkazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 09:32   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Loose Wire or Fuse Block?

Check / push all fuses .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum