Miserable Navigator story - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 17:30   #1 (permalink)

Miserable Navigator story

Hello all
Am new to this forum guys I didn't register here only after a damn miserable experience on google searching and looking for a 2002 Navigator used interior and exterior parts.
Am from Bahrain and I own a 02 Navigator that bought it recently from a canadian doctor, over all it's in a good condition with a good 58k mileage on it, but it needs some interior and exterior parts and I haven't been able to find em online, been searching for 3 days and what all I've found was one warehouse that do have what all I need but they don't ship internationally, they don't even ship to P.O.Box address while they stated at their website "Shipping - We are more than happy to ship your part to you, just about anywhere in the world. As heavy or bulky items can add a considerable amount to the overall cost of the replacement part(s)."
I even offered to ship the parts to my P.O.Box, and they refused
I told em not to send anything only after you received your full payment. The owner said: we are not sat up to ship Internationally, while in another hand the staff said: it just doesn't worth it to ship internationally paying tax and customs O.o, Like the people dont know anything about shipping and charges and it's like there are no shipping companies that can come to your door steps and take the package to ship it.
Can anyone please help me with this?
I dont wanna lose the truck as I love it so much and don't wanna resell it.
I've been dealing with a lot of companies since 7 years like Lingenfelter, Summit Racing, TCI, MTI, Innovate, Kooks, Schroeder Motors, Big Bore racing, and more than 3 Chevy's salvage parts sellers never faced any problem with any one of em. It's just my first experience and first time to own a vehicle made by ford and I loved the truck it's totally a different thing.
Please guys help.
here a break down list and some pics showing what am looking for
1- Steering Wheel.
2- all 4 doors interior handle pulls you have (am in need for 3 actually but will buy what you have).
3- Both L+R Tail lights.
4- Engine bay hood light (without the harness)
5- Hatch both side windows plastic covers (exterior black plastic cover that got the Lincoln emblem on both hatch windows)
6- Dashboard ashtray (it's a push to release type but any type wont be a problem as they came in 2 types "pull" or "push to release")
7- Dashboard both lighters plastic frame and latch.
8- Dashboard Digital Clock Frame
9- Dashboard Gauges Cluster (mine has a scratched gauges plastic cover and I cant see the gauges well)
10- Driver side Wiper water spray tip (small tip with 2 tiny holes comes on the hood to spray the water on the windshield)
11- Radio/cassette Antenna (only the exterior antenna)

I have a work shop here in my country and been dealing with the american auto markets for a long time, am an honest guy known for the companies I listed above.

Damn.....it's a relieve to post here, at least someone will read and share.
Thank you guys for reading this.

God Bless
Kal

www.bahraingp.com
www.bh-speed.com

Bahraini Navi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2010, 12:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: Miserable Navigator story

Hi there.

Let's see if this situation can be turned around for you.

I too, was struggling to obtain parts for my 2003 Navi, as I live on mainland Spain - and have no main dealers to help.

This Forum was brilliant in helping me out and gave me: RockAuto Auto Parts for parts and who ship Internationally. They despatched the parts in record time - usually received within 5 working days.

Give them a go - and Good Luck.!
Chordiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 15:17   #3 (permalink)
IT CAN ALWAYS BE BETTER

Hi There
You also have a other solution there are some American companies that offer warehouse services to costumers
you will buy the parts and have them shipped to the warehouse addres in the US most I could find are located in Florida.
And they will ship it or if you have 5 different packages from various supliers they will combine the shipment to safe you money.

myus.com
bongous.com

check it out
NAVMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 20:40   #4 (permalink)
canuck

RockAuto Auto Parts

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 22:17   #5 (permalink)

Hi, item #5 is only available with the glass. The coating on mine [black plastic pieces] were fading while under warranty and the dealer had to replace both windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum