My 2003 Expedition is out of gas at 1/4 of the tank. (According to the Gas gauge) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2006, 13:48   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation My 2003 Expedition is out of gas at 1/4 of the tank. (According to the Gas gauge)

I just bought a 2003 Expedition EB
I was told by the person who sold it to me
that it had a problem, he told me not to let it go beyond
the 1/4 mark of the tank, because I would be out of gas.
well, its been 2 weeks since I bought it, and i have been out of gas twice
already.
Any suggestions of waht could it be?
a friend of mine told me that it could be the sending unit, but it would cost
a lot. Has anybody had the same issue?
pibarria@comcast.net
ibarria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2006, 17:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: My 2003 Expedition is out of gas at 1/4 of the tank. (According to the Gas gauge)

From my experience, it probably is the sending unit. There really is not much involved in the whole thing, and there is little else it could be. Price the sending unit, and see if it is in your price range. They are fairly straight-forward as to replacing them. Buy a FORD Factory manual, and you should have all the information you need. Stay away from the Haynes/Chilton brand manuals. They seem to always be missing whatever particular information you're looking for.

Good Luck.

Don't forget to check the net for parts. Sometimes you can get a good deal on one, or even a slightly-used one.

redneckf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:33   #3 (permalink)

Re: My 2003 Expedition is out of gas at 1/4 of the tank. (According to the Gas gauge)

Thanks for replaying redneckf150, I went to the dealership, and the people they have working there know no more than my 7 year old son :S

I will take the truck to my mechanics, he told me about having to remove the gas tank and all that.. but he can get a really good discount from the dealership.
will see what happens..
Thank for your help..

Ibarria.
ibarria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum