navigator as first car - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 16:46   #1 (permalink)

navigator as first car

would a 1998-2002 lincoln navigator be a good first car for a 16 year old girl?

thanks
hales96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 20:35   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: navigator as first car

It would definitely be a safe car for her. It is larger than a lot of the kids drive but when you get used to something, it doesn't bother. Someone else may have more info to offer. They aren't on here real often but do show up.
Old 04-13-2012, 15:00   #3 (permalink)
canuck

Re: navigator as first car

Any large vehicle is a good starter vehicle. I know some might agrue that it's best to start small, but when starting with a larger vehicle the driver is less prone to do idiotic things (things that can be done in a small lightweight and maneuverable car. Larger vehicles take longer to stop, and you have to pay more attention to your surroundings.

If a Navigator can't be found in reasonable condition for the price, there are a slew of used Expeditions on the market that are just as good and for the same money you could get a 2004-2007 Expedition. Possibly lower insurance also....

The only downside is depending on the personality type of your daughter, filling up the vehicle with 3-6 friends might not be a good idea as she can easily get distracted and a large vehicle isn't as forgiving as one that's say, more narrow. If she can gab, and pay attention, then I say go for it.

I never had a first car either. I bought a 1990 C1500 GMC 5.0L V8 pick up. I now own two cars, a truck (SUV body on frame), and I'm licensed to drive anything on wheels.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum