New *used* 'Gator owner with some questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 05:53   #1 (permalink)

New *used* 'Gator owner with some questions

Hello All,

I finally reached a personal goal of mine to get a full-size SUV. I've been wishing for one for nearly 7 years and finally have setup the proper finances, etc... to get one. I bought a 2005 Lincoln Navigator fully loaded. The only thing it DOESN'T have is power running boards. It has Factory DVD, Sunroof, Navigation, heated/cooled seats, heated folding mirrors, power third row, power pedals, I'm pretty sure it has everything else... The only downfall was 55k miles, which is more than I would've wished but the price was right and the condition was even better so I bought it.

I have a few questions now that I own such a fine piece of machinery:

1) In all of my previous cars, I put in a K&N Air filter (I have a 2008 Sentra also which I have the filter in, and all my previously owned cars as well). Does this forum fellow Lincoln owners like these filters or has anyone experienced any problems? I never have had any problems before in my previous 4 or 5 cars but I'm a little hesitant to do ANYTHING to this Navigator.

2) The paint on the Lincoln is in great shape. Has a little USE to it, but really was a big sticking point to me. Since owning it and driving only 10 or so times, I've gotten 3 chips. One rock I believe, one door ding (I didn't see it when it happened, otherwise that guy would've been sorry) and another rock chip on the hood. I just don't know what can be done to protect this vehicle. I've ordered the touch-up paint already and hope to have a detailer fix these minor blemishes, but does anyone have any other ideas or advice??? Any special wax coating you like??

3) Anyone like any fuel injector cleaners? It's probably never been done and I wanted to give it a try. I've used them on my old Firebird and just wanted to know if anyone likes or dislikes them for these V8s??

4) The only problem is a rough idle. The dealership performed a full front end alignment at my request (The TOW was off) and balanced the front tires. They also did a tune-up and found 2 bad plugs (supposedly) but I still notice a slightly rough idle. Perhaps I'm not used to a V8 TRUCK so I'm just wondering if anyone else has any ideas or issues with something similar.

I appreciate any advice from anyone in advance.

Joseph
joeymogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum