P1450 2000 Expedition - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2006, 06:01   #1 (permalink)

P1450 2000 Expedition

Good morning, new member here! My 2000 Expedition will intermittently stall during deceleration, when approaching a stop sign or traffic light. It happens once or twice a week, enough that it has the potential to be dangerous. I scanned for codes and received a P1450, Inability of Evaporative Emission Control System to bleed fuel tank.

Can a member provide any input? I have no issues bringing the truck to a Ford dealer, but would first like to correct myself.
brimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2006, 05:27   #2 (permalink)

Re: P1450 2000 Expedition

I have been getting the 1450 code on my 2001 Expedition for several years, and it has not been affecting my performance at all. Was your check engine light on before you started having the problem with stalling? I have found the following information for this, but have not tried it yet. I have replaced my fuel cap with no change.

This is what the Ford shop manual says.......

Continuous Memory Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0446 or P1450 indicates that Self-Test has detected the Evaporative Emission Control System has excessive fuel tank vacuum. Also, a DTC P0446 indicates a vent control malfunction.

Possible causes:

EVAP canister purge outlet tube (EVAP canister purge valve to EVAP canister) blockages or kinks.

EVAP canister tube (fuel tank to EVAP canister) blockages or kinks.

Fuel vapor elbow on EVAP canister contaminated.

Restricted EVAP canister.

Canister vent (CV) solenoid stuck closed (partially or fully).

Plugged or contaminated CV solenoid filter.

EVAP canister purge valve stuck open.

Fuel filler cap stuck closed (no vacuum relief).

VREF circuit open in fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor.

Damaged FTP sensor. (fuel tank pressure)

Check for kinks or bends in the fuel vapor hoses/tubes (EVAP canister purge outlet tube and EVAP canister tube).

Visually inspect EVAP canister inlet port, CV solenoid filter and canister vent hose assembly for contamination or debris.

Check CV solenoid filter for blockage or contamination.

The common things I've seen are mud in the canister and the canister vent solenoid being shot or the wiring to the canister vent solenoid being torn off. The resistance of the solenoid should be 48-65 ohms.

Hope this helps.
Jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum