Please help, should I buy an extended warranty - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 11:14   #1 (permalink)

Please help, should I buy an extended warranty

I recently purchased a 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition 5.4 L with 70,000 miles. I can purchase a basic 4 year plan from Ford for about $2000 including tax ($100 deduct). Covers major things just not electric seats and electronics.

I would appreciate any feedback. Seems like so much money but I don't want to end up paying more in the long run.

Thank you!
mskennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2009, 11:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: Please help, should I buy an extended warranty

2 months ago i bought 03 navigator with 74000 miles. extra clean 1 owner.
declined ext warr at 1700 for 3yr plan. now have spent 1800 to have rear
end rebuilt, 1700 to have transfer case rebuilt, 1600 to have front end rebuilt,
600 for new axle bearings. hope thats all, but wish i had bought the warr!!!
TWSLPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:52   #3 (permalink)

That is exactly what I am afraid of!! The car looks and runs great now but who knows what is going to happen. Seems like a lot of money but I guess it is likely that it could end up being a lot more. Thanks for the input.
mskennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:18   #4 (permalink)

I would say get the warranty just to be safe, but also I'll let you know I have a 03 XLT with the 5.4L and I'm at 120,000 miles without doing anything but routine maintenance that was listed in the service manual. I have had this since it was new, and if you take care of these they won't have problems for a long time.
strictlyroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 15:32   #5 (permalink)

A little late to the party, but for anyone that stumbles upon this, up here in Canada, there's a company that's selling extended vehicle warranties through insurance brokerages. Given that most folks are afraid if the coverage they buy will actually be there when they need it, an insurance brokerage seems like about as trustworthy a source as you can expect. It's called High Road - Auto Warranty Canada, Extended Car Warranties | High Road Warranty
sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum