pleeeease help !!!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 11:39   #1 (permalink)

pleeeease help !!!!!!

I have a 99 expedition 5.4 liter. The problem is when I put the a/c on max it blows cold until you accelerate.It then blows only in yhe top vents for about 2 or 3 min. then it goes back to front vents. ON panel setting it doesnt do this. Only on max setting Please help me
robw126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 16:46   #2 (permalink)

Re: pleeeease help !!!!!!

There are two door in the heater box---a mode door and a blend door. The mode door controls WHERE the air goes--defrost, dash vents, floor. The blend door controls how much heat gets added to the air. They're operated by vacuum motors. When you accelerate, intake manifold drops, so if one of the vacuum lines or motors has a leak, they'll default to their spring operated position. Engine vacuum is what pulls against the spring.

So check for a broken vacuum line, a bad vacuum switch, or bad vacuum motor. I use a hand-held vacuum pump to pull a vacuum and then see if the line holds it.
Old 07-17-2009, 22:12   #3 (permalink)

Re: pleeeease help !!!!!!

My 03 navigator has the same problem. I cant find the vacuum leak, so, I will take it to the dealer. Ill post here when i find out where the problem is, since several people are having the same issue. Maybe I can help save you a trip to the dealer
jim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum