Power Programmer messed up my truck - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 11:50   #1 (permalink)

Power Programmer messed up my truck

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but I purchased an Edge Evolution programmer online and ever since have not been able to program it to any of the 3 setting built in. I have just been using it to display engine statistics and monitoring programs. After months of dealing with Edge and them telling me their top engineers will work on a solution to getting it to work for my expedition they finally released an update a few years ago. The update said it would return my pcm to stock which I thought it was already at to begin with? So I hook it up and run the on screen options... after it finalizes it says at the end of programming that it is unable to read the pcm and to try the process over again. After this my vehicle's THEFT light is blinking constantly and will not startup anymore. I call Edge back and they basically explain to me there is nothing more they can do now... it has to go to the dealership and the PCM be reflashed which they will help cover up to I believe $75 for the tow service and $75 for the reflash. Get the vehicle to the dealership and explain to them what had just happened with the programmer... they explain to me the PCM is non responsive and the ECM is non responsive. They can't reprogram it even if they would like to and are going to take apart the dash and try to locate any electrical issues causing them to be non responsive? Thanks Edge!

Anyone else heard of issues about this? I'm so mad and not looking forward to paying roughly $300 in just labor so far which is what the service manager said it would come out to around before they locate the problem. I'm hoping to have edge reimburse me completely for this as well as the programmer since i've had nothing but bad luck with it for months now.
98expy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 12:42   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: Power Programmer messed up my truck

I've never heard of such a problem myself. Be sure to add any costs to the bill, along with a written statement from the tech that performed the work to get the OEM programming back on the PCM before you send it to Edge. I've never used Edge personally. The more common few are Superchips, Hypertech and SCT.

If you want a good tune, and Edge hasn't put you away from trying it again, I suggest SCT if you plan to modify things in the future to your engine, such as air intake, elec fans, exhaust, and even go into the engine to upgrade intake manifold, headers and such.

Keep us informed of your ordeal.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum