Radio problems, frequency search - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2005, 18:37   #1 (permalink)

Radio problems, frequency search

My brother lives in Norway, where he bought a new Ford Expedition a few years ago. Recently, the radio blacked out (display went black), and stayed like that for a couple of days, then came back to life. However, the radio did not function as before.

In Norway, radio channels can be found at both even and odd frequency numbers, e.g. 87.7, 87.8, 87.9 ... and the radio did use to search on both sets of frequencies.

After the radio came back to life, it did only search on odd frequency numbers, e.g. 87.7, 87.9, 88.1 ... which is the default behaviour for the radio in the US.

My brother has in vain asked the dealer for help, they don't know what is wrong or how to fix it. They say it is a special radio, and must be ordered through them for $3,500. (Yes, $3,500, not $350)

I believe the radio can be fixed without paying $3,500., but how. Is there a way to program the radio?

Thanks!
norwegianford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2005, 21:03   #2 (permalink)
RATfink Moderator

Re: Radio problems, frequency search

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianford
My brother lives in Norway, where he bought a new Ford Expedition a few years ago. Recently, the radio blacked out (display went black), and stayed like that for a couple of days, then came back to life. However, the radio did not function as before.

In Norway, radio channels can be found at both even and odd frequency numbers, e.g. 87.7, 87.8, 87.9 ... and the radio did use to search on both sets of frequencies.

After the radio came back to life, it did only search on odd frequency numbers, e.g. 87.7, 87.9, 88.1 ... which is the default behaviour for the radio in the US.

My brother has in vain asked the dealer for help, they don't know what is wrong or how to fix it. They say it is a special radio, and must be ordered through them for $3,500. (Yes, $3,500, not $350)

I believe the radio can be fixed without paying $3,500., but how. Is there a way to program the radio?

Thanks!
you know what always helps when my radio goes nuts, i punch it a few times, no im just kidding, dude i really dont know, thats some messed up shiott. why doesnt he just buy a new radio (aftermarket) from like a BestBuy or something that will work in his environment? LMK
OlSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 13:22   #3 (permalink)
brazosshooter

Sounds like a programming thing. Maybe he should try pulling the fuse for several days, then put it back and see if it resets itself. I would certainly try that before bending over for a new one.....
brazosshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 04:04   #4 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Never heard this problem before. I would try to remove power to it by pulling the fuse and letting it sit for 15 - 30 minutes. plug it back in and let it go again. Honestly dont know. I have no info on that problem in any of the ford docs I have here.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum