Recalls/Should have been recalled - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 20:39   #1 (permalink)

Recalls/Should have been recalled

Post here what recalls you know of for your particular vehicle. Also post what you think should have been recalled, especially if its safety related. Be serious, and dont just post something like "They should have recalled the stereo that came stock in my car, because its acting up" Try to give real reasoning, and if you see that someone posted what should have been recalled is something that you have dealt with, elaborate with them. I think every section model based should have one of these threads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 20:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: Recalls/Should have been recalled

My first nomination of what should have been recalled is very generic, but true. I think Ford should go back to the drawing board on their EGR systems, they seem to get a lot of faults, and it is not easy to repair them even at the dealer, and they are also not easy to diagnose as a minor problem. Based on my experience, I think the design factor comes down to the vacuum lines going from the DPFE to the EGR downtube, and the vacuum line coming off the top of the EGR valve. I think they need to make them larger in diameter, and maybe make them steel lines so that the rubber wont particalize and input more harmful debris into the engnie and valve assembly. I also think that the DPFE needs to be redesigned but I cannot get specific enough with that except to just say its an electronic sensor with carbons running through it, and ist very small and sensitive. But thats just my two cents.
Old 01-24-2011, 21:23   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysFord View Post
My first nomination of what should have been recalled is very generic, but true. I think Ford should go back to the drawing board on their EGR systems, they seem to get a lot of faults, and it is not easy to repair them even at the dealer, and they are also not easy to diagnose as a minor problem. Based on my experience, I think the design factor comes down to the vacuum lines going from the DPFE to the EGR downtube, and the vacuum line coming off the top of the EGR valve. I think they need to make them larger in diameter, and maybe make them steel lines so that the rubber wont particalize and input more harmful debris into the engnie and valve assembly. I also think that the DPFE needs to be redesigned but I cannot get specific enough with that except to just say its an electronic sensor with carbons running through it, and ist very small and sensitive. But thats just my two cents.
Wasn't there a recall for this issue?
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 21:29   #4 (permalink)

From what google is telling me, the focus had one and the F-250's had one, but beyond that I dont know.
Old 01-24-2011, 21:31   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

What size engine and I'll look it up
Old 01-24-2011, 21:38   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Only emission recall I see is Tube Mounted EGR Pressure sensor 4.6L.
Old 01-24-2011, 21:38   #7 (permalink)

Well mine in particular is a 5.4L Triton V8 Engine Code L. It is the Windsor Assembly Engine. I did modify my system the way I proposed, and it has fixed it. I upgraded the vacuum hose size, and fabbed some different nuts on the downtube, and as far as the DPFE goes, I cannot do anything about that.
Old 01-24-2011, 21:40   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

No emission recall info on the 5.4L
Old 01-24-2011, 21:42   #9 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

You should see all of the EGR problems we had with the GM vehicles. The electric EGR system.
Old 01-24-2011, 22:59   #10 (permalink)

Yeah I think they need to go back to the drawing board too. I think they really need to think about the temperature, carbon, and operation factors when they designed the EGR system. Its a good idea, but it is killing a lot of pockets, and some people dont know enough about the system, and just go around swapping out EGR valves left and right. Even the dealer. When you mix electronics and carbons, it needs a lot of protection. Thats why you find most o2 sensors failing. They need to go back to the drawing board with that as well. But I am sure they will figure it out. We have come a long way as it is, we are so close to perfecting it that these minor problems are unacceptable in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum