running to lean - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 12:59   #1 (permalink)

running to lean

hey guys my navigator popped up check engine light other day and code read bank 1 running to lean. it ran fine for day or two but drank the gas worse than usual but now it skips and runs like crap. im thinking maybe the upstream oxygen sensor on bank 1 side. any thoughts on this one? need help both my rides are broke down when it rains it pours.
98navi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2010, 18:17   #2 (permalink)

Re: running to lean

i took the car to a shop and the mechanic told me the tube going to the pcv valve had a hole in it, and that why its running bad. i replaced the whole tube and pcv valve but it still running bad. the shop also scanned computer and said O2 sensor on bank 2 were running rich and on bank 1 would change from lean to rich. could it still be an O2 sensor or some other sensor or anything else?
98navi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 17:15   #3 (permalink)
canuck

I'd advise replacing both O2 sensors. if the forward one goes, the rear will follow shortly. It's just a rule of thumb.

If replacing the O2 sensors don't help you, I'd take it to a good shop and get a proper diagnosis. Be sure that ALL wiring is tight going to the PCM under the hood. Loose connections can cause a stir of problems.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 00:20   #4 (permalink)

hey i had the exact same prob. till yesturday before u go replacing expensive o2 sensors which there 4 ther's a sensor believe it's called the ex. recirulation something another its just to the left of the throttle position sensor on top of the motor its a small box with a plug on the side and 2 hoses out the bottom cost bout 50-60 and it fixed mine which i had the exact same problems had to get it from napa hope this helps
cr5252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum