Shipping costs for small items - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 01:18   #1 (permalink)

Shipping costs for small items

Hi everyone

Help/advice required again, I'm afraid (I guess this is the penalty I pay for not having the luxury of a Lincoln Dealership in Spain.!)

Anyway, I need to order a number of small items from Rockauto. Unfortunately, they are all from different depots. The International shipping costs are ridiculous. For instance, a part costing $4.95 incurs a charge of $35 shipping. Another part costs $18 + $45 shipping and so it goes on. The total parts spend, is only in the region of $80, but with shipping costs around $250-300 added.

The question is:

Is there anyway I can ask for the parts to be sent to a central address in the USA and from there, they can be sent as ONE package? All the items are small and they will all fit in ONE shoebox-sized parcel.

As always - thanks in advance for your help
Chordiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2011, 06:20   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: Shipping costs for small items

I would contact them and explain the situation. They would probably round up the parts from the different warehouses to one location and combine them into one shipment.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:38   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwko View Post
I would contact them and explain the situation. They would probably round up the parts from the different warehouses to one location and combine them into one shipment.
Thanks - email sent as we speak
Old 02-06-2011, 12:11   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Sent you a PM
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:52   #5 (permalink)

Update:

Emailed Rockauto and they don't have a process whereby they can receive goods and forward them as a single package.

So, it's back to Square One, I'm afraid

Apart from the VIN being displayed in the usual place under the windscreen, is there anywhere else it can be found? The local testing/examination centre are causing me to slowly loose the will to live, with all the new Spanish laws relating to imported cars.

, the lot of 'em..!!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:39   #6 (permalink)

Don't know if its any help but there is a company called Bongo that you can register either a US address or Euro address & they will consolidate & ship. Be warned however - I ordered some chrome door handle covers & a tailgate handle cover for Hubby through JC WHitney for his Xmas pressy - the cost of the items was about 130 USD but the cost of shipping & duty came to nearly 200 stlg I've noticed a number of companies are now using Bongo
Sailorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum