Sylvania "Xenarc" HID's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2002, 09:55   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Sylvania "Xenarc" HID's

I just added Sylvania's "Xenarc" HID's to my 01 Xped. This Beautiful White Light makes my old Halogens seem like my parking lights. Sylvania offers a fully integrated kit...Including the housing...and the instructions couldnt be anymore detailed. All the clips and the tie straps actually came attached to cables and they told you exactly where clip them. Cant get any better than that! One Great Product!!!

Drivers Side Housing.

Beautiful White Light.

These Lights Turn Night Into Day!!

DrawsOnCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2002, 10:32   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Must be nice. On y car i have to buy a whole new wiring kit on top of the HID lamps.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 13:37   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I hear ya......I almost had to do the same,until someone told me about the Sylvania Package.

Old 03-12-2002, 19:47   #4 (permalink)
Drinkdontdrive

These Xenarc - how much are they - are they the foglights or regular driving lights?? Where can you get them?? Thanks
Old 03-12-2002, 19:59   #5 (permalink)

Well, you can go directly to the website which is:

www.sylvania.com

They make a wide variety of lights for many applications. You can also click on the link underneath my signature for more Pics and Info on the Lights. If you follow my link, when you get to the bottom of the profile, click on expand all to view the pictures. All the prices should be listed on Sylvania's Website. Ive also heard that you can now get them at:

www.suvlights.com

:s2:

Old 04-23-2002, 20:43   #6 (permalink)

I see on ebay those Matrix HID Xenon Super White Bulbs 9007. it appears as though you don't have to change the housing there. Are they worth it or should I just get the Sylvania ones mentioned here? By the way HID stands for high intensity .....?
Any help is much appreciated
2002 XLT with Sport package, Comfort/convenience, 5.4L, Leather interior, Moonroof, tow package, 3.55 Limited slip, side airbags, rear sensing, CD changer. Mods Front tinted windows, Husky MudFlaps, Lund interceptor Bug/stone shield, Advent window vents. And of course Zaino and more Zaino
HPdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 21:33   #7 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Well there is a difference in hids and in regular lights. You can place hids on a regular lighting system...BUT and this is a BIG BUT..IF YOUR electrical system is not geared to handle these you will FRY your system. I have seen 3 Impala guys do it as well as 2 Stang drivers because they wanted these HID. THe ones that are rated for 80/120 or whatever rating it is now are the HID number scheme. They translate to double to what your system is usually rated for.

Personally I would not change just bulbs. If you are going to do it right then do it with the kits that are designed to handle the output of the bulbs so as to not fry your system. I can get a hold of several different makes of these and can get some pricing for you if you like.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 18:38   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the imput. I'd appreciate any pricing info you have.
BTW weren't you the one on CF looking for a Zaino demo? I used it on my vette and now on my expedition. It is truely the best! I had over 30 coats on my vette and even though it was a 98 with 30k miles it took 1st place in the only show I ever put it in against much newer ones with less miles. On my expedition with 2 coats you can see and really feel a difference. I've worked with many products and it's by far the best!
2002 XLT with Sport package, Comfort/convenience, 5.4L, Leather interior, Moonroof, tow package, 3.55 Limited slip, side airbags, rear sensing, CD changer. Mods Front tinted windows, Husky MudFlaps, Lund interceptor Bug/stone shield, Advent window vents. And of course Zaino and more Zaino
HPdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum