truxxx vs. daystars - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 17:04   #1 (permalink)

truxxx vs. daystars

any info on either would be helpful. if anybody has either setup feed back would be much appreciated. i'm trying to decide which setup to get. i was wondering if the noise/viration are trnsferred to the cab. the daystars say 32's and truxx say35's with 4x4.
tallsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2009, 19:06   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: truxxx vs. daystars

This is too vague to answer correctly.

32" and 35" tires are very different first of all. If you're Ex is lifted, that's one thing, but if it's not, I wouldn't go higher than a 31.6" tire (265/70R17), or you'll get rubbing. If it's lifted at least 4", you can get away with the 35" tires, but you'll have to lower the gearing (say from 3.73 stock to a 4.56 ratio) so performance doesn't suffer, and the drive line doesn't strain. For off-roading with 35" tires, I suggest at least a 6" lift kit for better articulation.

As for the noise and vibration, it's mostly only audible at lower speeds. You may feel vibration through the steering wheel at higher speeds (65+mph), and the noise will also be bad with any off road tire.

Again, you have to be more specific, and tell us if your vehicle is stock, or has been modified to accept larger tires. Remember, bigger tires aren't always better if you don't upgrade the gears as you'll lose your low end torque and the crawl ratio will be nil.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 22:54   #3 (permalink)

Re: truxxx vs. daystars

sorry for the vagueness. i have a stock 03 expy 4x4. i am trying to decide on which lift/leveling kit to get the daystars or the truxxx. daystars are 2in and say you can fit 32's. truxx is a 3/2 leveling kit that says you can fit 35's with the 4x4. i was wondering if anybody has either of these kits and could provide any feedback on them.
tallsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum