Yet another 03 Expy Stalling problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 11:49   #1 (permalink)

Yet another 03 Expy Stalling problem

Okay... so I signed up just to post on here because I'm getting really frusrtated with my 03 stalling issue. I've read on here and on the truck forum about peopel having the same problem as me, their expy is stalling, with no resolution to the problem. Everyone is saying the same thing... change the EGR, IAC, MAF, DPFE, fuel pump and fuel filter. But I haven't seen anyone yet come back saying "ITS FIXED"! and this fixed it. I havent gone the route of changing anything yet except the fuel pump and the fuel filter. I just ordered new coils for it, 88$ online verses 49$ a piece at ford. It is due for a tune up 103K miles so I figured that I'd save a bit of cost. But when I had it in last time for this issue and Ford said it was the fuel pump... but that didnt fix it. About 6 months ago I was thinking that perhaps it was the key... ya know its got that programable key? Well I change it out with the spare key that my wife carries and low and behold.... no stalling for 6 months until just this last saturday on the way home from the hunting property, it does twice within 2 miles on the highway, then again in the morning on the way to work and again in the evening 2x's driving my grandaughter home. This is getting frustrating. I have figured one thing out though.... and I'll probably get proven wrong on this today on the way home, but it only happens when I have 1/4 tank or less of gas or from full to just over 3/4. I know... just keep it 1/2 full and I'll be okay right? Wrong... THis leads me to think it IS a fuel issue, but with those of you that have experienced the stall, the truck doesnt run out of gas, it just quits, as in a electrical/electronic/ignition issue. I've checked the wiring harness's for wear/abrasions with no success. I really don't want to just start dropping $$ down her throat, but I also know that my plea for an answer isnt going to get this fixed either. Anyone?
AlexG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 19:54   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Yet another 03 Expy Stalling problem

Have you checked for codes? Autozone will for free. See if anything shows up. As for the coils, if they're made in China, they won't last long. Save your old ones since they can last a long time. You may have one go out but mostly they don't give a lot of problems. If it cranks when it dies and won't start, the key wouldn't be the problem.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum