Ford Forums banner

16 inch EL XR8 wheels

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  66_mustang 
#1 ·
Just wondering if these can be fitted to an EB as a straight bolt on proposition? I hear that modifications are required to fit AU XR 17's and appropriate rubber under the EB frame and want to know if the same is true for the 16's.

At present I only have 215/60 rubber on the standard EB XR8 15 inch rims and want a slightly bigger footprint and lower profile (say 225/50) and am thinking the 16 inchers are a good compromise cost wise.

Thanks

#2 ·
EL XR8 rims will fit straight on.
for an EB there are copies for the AU 2 XR 17's available.

#3 ·
All wheels from EA - EL are interchangeable, because they have the same offset. With the AU - BA wheels, you need to either fit spacers to get them to fit onto EA - EL wheels, or find someone who's making copies of them with the EA - EL offset, and purchase those. :)

Thanks

Dane.

#5 ·
You'd think even 17's would go on an EB, as there are plenty of GT's and copies riding around

danege said:
All wheels from EA - EL are interchangeable, because they have the same offset. With the AU - BA wheels, you need to either fit spacers to get them to fit onto EA - EL wheels, or find someone who's making copies of them with the EA - EL offset, and purchase those. :)
Just with that.. Are the Spacers legal to have??? Coz i got told they were illegal when i wanted to fit AU Rebel wheels on my EL :-\

#6 ·
Hey Adam. I just bought an EB with 16 inch EL XR8 rims. Looks fantasic when the car sits really low. They dont quite fill the guards as much as id want them too, but width is plenty big enough(225).

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.