Ford Forums banner

235/45 R17's. Recommendations.

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ned 
#1 ·
As the title suggests, I'm after some recommendations for a good brand of tyres to suit AU1 XR rims (the 5 spokes). Seeing as this may possibly be the last set of tyres we buy for the car, probably only looking to spend around $180-200 or so.

In particular, can anyone comment as to the performance and longevity of GT Radial tyres in a 235/45 R17 size? So far these are probablt what we'll end up buying, so it'd be great to hear from people who have already had/have them on there.

The car is a standard AUII Fairmont btw, and it does get babied, so no hard/track style driving, but the tyres still need to be able to cope with some 'spirited' driving every now and then.

So, any recommnedations?

Cheers!

#2 ·
Hankook Ventus Sport K104 @ approx $185 per tyre
Hankook Ventus K102 @ approx $180 per tyre
Kumho Ecsta 712 @ approx $180 per tyre.

All very good tyres in bang for buck, and on a standard Fairmont, should give good grip and performance levels.

#4 ·
I got my Dunlop 9000's for $265 and are fantastic. But I have heard good things from the Kuhmo's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.