98 Expedition XLT, Low back end. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2004, 14:41   #1 (permalink)

98 Expedition XLT, Low back end.

Hey everyone, I never even knew there was a place like this, but I look forward to becoming a full time member. Anyway...

I have a 98 Expedition XLT and up to now have really had no problems with it. One day after dining with friends I made my way to the parking lot to see my Expo sitting low on the back-end. I drove it to a mechanic friend of mine, bumping and swerving the whole way. He wasn't too familiar with the "newer" cars, but agreed to take a look. He showed me that it wasn't busted airbags, because they were actually inflated. Despite not being familiar with it, he pulled out some small circuit board type object from the engine area and explained that it was some kind of regulator that informed the airbags of how much they should inflate/deflate to compesate for how far the truck was from the ground.

That's where it ends. These are all assumptions on his part without much understanding. I've been reluctant to take it to a shop for an estimate, because they insist on doing a bunch of tests and I'll initially have to pay a few hundred dollars, JUST to find out what the issue is.

Anyway, has anyone heard of anything like this, and what it could possibly be? Also, do you know the price range that typical work to fix said problem goes for?

Thanks in advance guys,

Jim
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes