Air Suspension?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2005, 15:04   #1 (permalink)

Question Air Suspension??

I have a 97 Expedition with air suspension.

I have been having problems with it. I took it to the dealer and they said it was the compressor and they wanted $600 to fix it. Yeah right!! So I bought a new compressor ($162) and had a friend put it on and that did not fix the problem. Friend said it looked like the ride height sensor was bad so I bought one of those and had him replace it. It didn't work either. He continued to work on it and noticed there was a leak in the airline and he fixed it and it has raised slightly but still not where it should be. The air bags are not leaking so I don't know what else to check. He did say I needed new shocks but I don't think that would make it ride low would it?

Any suggestions?????
jmnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2005, 13:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: Air Suspension??

Nevermind. The new ride height sensor needed to be calibrated.

Thanks for reading even if you had no idea how to help!!!!
jmnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 13:37   #3 (permalink)

Helps us to know that new sensors need to be calibrated. Glad you posted up about the problem and fix!

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:35   #4 (permalink)
X C Homolagation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnorton
I have a 97 Expedition with air suspension.

I have been having problems with it. I took it to the dealer and they said it was the compressor and they wanted $600 to fix it. Yeah right!! So I bought a new compressor ($162) and had a friend put it on and that did not fix the problem. Friend said it looked like the ride height sensor was bad so I bought one of those and had him replace it. It didn't work either. He continued to work on it and noticed there was a leak in the airline and he fixed it and it has raised slightly but still not where it should be. The air bags are not leaking so I don't know what else to check. He did say I needed new shocks but I don't think that would make it ride low would it?

Any suggestions?????
Thnks for posting. My compressor on a Fairlane is playing up, Ford Quoted me $804 Aud Ride height Sensor $400 Aud some how I don't think they will be seeing my dollar's either grrr
JG65TE_COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes