AU III TE50 Brembo rotors and pads - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2004, 01:38   #1 (permalink)

AU III TE50 Brembo rotors and pads

HI,

has anyone replaced their Brembo rotors and pads with anything other than genuine parts.

The trade price I am quoted for OENM stuff is choking me.

SATE50
SATE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 01:42   #2 (permalink)

Re: AU III TE50 Brembo rotors and pads

Mate,

Just went through this exact thing with my TS50 last week. $3500 for rotors and $1500 for pads! No way! I ended up getting some awesome slotted 2 piece aluminium rotors and non genuine pads and the whole thing was like $2000. They still stop like nobodys business and look great. If you are interested I can get the part numbers for you.

Matt
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:25   #3 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

DBA have a replacement disc for you. It's a two piece item (much better) and the part number is DBA52102. It's the new 5000 series two piece rotors and are top of the range items. You can choose a colour for the hat too, but I'd stick with the black or the chrome one myself, but if that red hat matches the Brembo colour, then that would look awesome.

Click here for DBA's Ford part number catalouge.

Oh and, welcome to FF SATE50.
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 15:31   #4 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

My god !! dont buy them of ford!!!! go to Barry Smith motorsport in the ACT he is the Brembo inporter, pads are about $200 a set and rotors are about $500 each..Hope this will help......
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 16:18   #5 (permalink)

Yeah they look like the ones I got. Steve, can you get the Brembo gear for that price or is that the DBA stuff?

Matt
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 19:57   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Guys,

I'm reluctant to fit non genuine stuff, but there only seems like there is one alternative - that is to fit the DBA stuff. The rotors themselves can be replaced for $200 each after the first buy of the hub and rotor. Must be a significant reduction in unsprung weight as well.

I will post when I have made a decision, but if you hear of any other alternatives, please yell out.

I've got to say, for a 5K option, $3,500 for front rotors and pads is shameful and something Ford would not like prospective GTP owners to know about....

Won't complain about the rest of the car though!
SATE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 20:16   #7 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATE50
Thanks Guys,

I'm reluctant to fit non genuine stuff, but there only seems like there is one alternative - that is to fit the DBA stuff. The rotors themselves can be replaced for $200 each after the first buy of the hub and rotor. Must be a significant reduction in unsprung weight as well.

I will post when I have made a decision, but if you hear of any other alternatives, please yell out.

I've got to say, for a 5K option, $3,500 for front rotors and pads is shameful and something Ford would not like prospective GTP owners to know about....

Won't complain about the rest of the car though!
Yeah, go with the DBA two piece set up, awesome brakes from what I have heard. What pads have you looked at? Does Bendix have a front pad for the Brembo caliper? By the way, where about's are you? I might be able to help you out. PM me if you like.
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes