Ford Forums banner

Au2 Premium Brake upgrade

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

after recent inspection of my disks, i found i had 3mm of pad left (yucky), and that the disks were .5mm away from being classed as 'undersize'.

NOW, the question is, Do i stick with the ford rotors, and pads, or do i go aftermarket (DBA LONGLIFE SLOTTED?) And different Pad Combination.

If i do go aftermarket, i've found that not many peoples know which disk is used in the premium brake upgrade. But after ringing around a few places (and mesuring the disks myself), i found that the disks were DBA506. And the Pads were DB1375's ... Now can someone tell me if thats correct or not?

So far i've been quoted the cheapest being $260 Per Disk.. considering everyone else averaged around the 290 mark, and Ford Spares said $330.. would it be worth to grab them?

What about pads.. Bendix Ultimates? (ewww brake dust)

Green Stuff?

How does all of that wear with the disk?

Can i have anyones personal experiance, or opinions on what i should do? (i have to do this this weekend going by 3mm of pads left)

Danny boy!

See less See more
#2 ·
Go the dba the ford ones are shit. my you has done 20,000 and i have had the rotors replaced all ready my nex ones will be herrods trick discs.

as for pads i have tried bendix the ford ones are great but the dust sucks bendix make them for ford.

#4 ·
front discs: DBA 506

rear discs: DBA 501

front and rear discs come in both slotted and drilled/slotted.

front pads: DB 1375

rear pads: DB 1376/ DB1086

Use Bendix advance pads.

#5 ·
If the front pads are DB1375 - they are the same as the pads as used on the standard brake setup on my AU2 V8. Part number for the rotors for mine was DBA502SL (slotted).

Hope that hasn't confused you.

#6 ·
I've just confirmed, the Pads ARE NOT DB1375's.. the picture within the catalog is different to whats in my car

But umm i've got more bad news..

Umm, i've been told that the 'PADS' my car uses is the DB1353

/me looks up Bendix book ... HOLDEN SPECIAL VEHICALES??

umm, whos the trader within ford ?? No wonder why they only last 20k .. they commit suicide :) :) :)

I've got pictures of it here, and well, wouldnt you know. it looks exactly like the pad i pulled out of my car...

Anyone got any opinions about using EBC Green Stuff with the DBA Slotted rotors?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.