BA XR18 18 inch wheels ex factory ?????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2003, 05:59   #1 (permalink)

Arrow BA XR18 18 inch wheels ex factory ??????

My dealer reckons I can get an XR8 with 18 inch alloysex factory. The website only mentions 16 and 17 inch alloys. This is not an FPV, just a stock XR8. Can anyone confirm that they really do have 18 inch ex factory ? I ordered it anyway so I guess I will see in 4 weeks time :0
awlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2003, 06:06   #2 (permalink)
SM

Re: BA XR18 18 inch wheels ex factory ??????

yep, you can get them, I've got them.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:10   #3 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlane
My dealer reckons I can get an XR8 with 18 inch alloysex factory. The website only mentions 16 and 17 inch alloys. This is not an FPV, just a stock XR8. Can anyone confirm that they really do have 18 inch ex factory ? I ordered it anyway so I guess I will see in 4 weeks time :0
I think you missed the space bar there mate, Ive never heard off alloysex wheel's or do you mean ex alloy's.Ford do have some other designer rim's you can choose from but I dont know weather there 17's or 18's though.If youv'e ordered them you will soon see.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 06:18   #4 (permalink)

LOL!!!!! Yeah, I was in the hurry but I wont edit it, it's got a nicew ring to it. :) Of course I mean "alloys ex factory"
Old 07-07-2003, 06:18   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM
yep, you can get them, I've got them.
Cool! Got pics ?
Old 07-07-2003, 06:24   #6 (permalink)
SM

A pic of the 18's on the XR, make sure you order the 18 inch spare, for $380 its well worth it, just ask JR!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18s.JPG (40.8 KB, 75 views)
Old 07-07-2003, 06:29   #7 (permalink)

Nice, nice!!! My dealer keeps telling me I don't need the 18 inch spare. What kinda spare do you get if you say nothing ? Do you get one of those stupid wheelbarrow rubber things that are only good for 50 klms ?
Old 07-07-2003, 06:32   #8 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM
A pic of the 18's on the XR, make sure you order the 18 inch spare, for $380 its well worth it, just ask JR!
Now that's just mean!

:sad:
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 06:47   #9 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

if your dealer is telling you that, take your sale to another dealer.
XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 07:10   #10 (permalink)

Mate, the other dealers are such a bunch of wankers, I walked right out. I don't know where you're located but I am in Sydney Metro, and I went to Sinclair Ford at Penrith, City Ford in the city, Thomson Ford at Parramatta and Hills Ford at Hornsby. With the exception of Hills Ford, I had nothing but idiots to deal with.

The guy at Penrith told me if I want SatNav I will have to wait 3 months (!) for the car, but conveniently he had one on the floor without SatNav that I could have "right away". The guy at City Ford spent 10 minutes telling me how cool he is and how big his dealership is and how bad he wants my business and how aggressive and unbeatable his pricing would be only to offer me fricken retail prices straight off the website + on road costs and an insulting trade-in on my Mitsu.

The guy at Parramatta... Omg... I went there on "End of finacial Year Sale" day. I did a test drive, the battery was dead and it took 45 mins to get started. After 10 mins of drive, I went back and he pulled this hard sell bullshit on me.. You know the crap where they get their manager in to "authorize" a really special "deal" for you if you committ right then and there. Ffs. I have been selling photocopiers for 3 years, dont come to me with this amateurish sh*t. Ultimately the "deal" was RRP plus on-road cost with a free tint and free scuff plates (they are like 30 bucks).... The trade in offer on my Mitsu was mediocre. I told them I will have to consider the changeover figure and get back to them. I made it clear I want to sign this week. I called back the next day and left 2 messages for the bloke to call me back, he never did - case closed.

At Hills Ford I got an older guy who didn't look like his life depended on selling me stuff. His delivery date estimate was reasonable, he called 3 valuers and offered me a reasonable trade-in. His price was pretty much RRP until he discounted it enough cover the onroad costs. He also put in some accessories and extended factory warranty and tint for free. This dealer was also the only one where I could inspect the workshop and who could tell me what oil they would using. All up, I saved 6,000.00 AUD and I am happy with what I have seen in the service Dept. The only minus so far has been that the guy I am dealing with has suspiciously poor product knowledge, i.e. tells me that the GT has a normal key ignition and no start button and that I don't need an alloy spare wheel :)

If I had found this forum before I went shopping I probably would have asked around for a good dealer.

Last edited by awlane; 07-07-2003 at 07:14.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes