Bilstein Suspension Package - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2005, 14:50   #1 (permalink)

Bilstein Suspension Package

I emailed Sydney Shock Absorbers, and this is how they replied!:

"..........Cameron,

We can supply all four Bilstein shocks for $920. Bilstein are very hard to beat because they are the only affordable monotube shock readily available for locally made vehicles. You will find in many web sites and racing publications the advantage of a monotube shock. Another advantage is we can service them here.
We can supply 30mm lowered springs for $350 and fit the whole lot for $308, including wheel alignment. Total Package: $1578
Replacement of various bushes can improve the car as well, but to quote on this we would need to see the vehicle.
This would improve the handling and ride of the vehicle tremendously.

Regards,

Tony Guyatt
Sydney Shock Absorbers
455-463 Princes Highway
Sydenham NSW 2044
02 9516 1182
.............."

This is what Sydney Shock Absorbers offered me, i emailed them about a week ago. What do you guys think? I thought it was pretty decent, pricey and all, but everyone who i have spoke to say that Bilstein are a step ahead of everyone else. WHat do you guys think about this, is it worth 1.5 grand???? or would i be better off going to pedders for a setup, or something like that???
La ChroniK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2005, 16:21   #2 (permalink)

Re: Bilstein Suspension Package

Bilstein or Koni are the only way to go.
125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:25   #3 (permalink)

mate that a great price for that package.. Bilstien are the best you can get excluding Ohlins , but there 2-3 times the price..
with the prices you gave I dont think you will get a package as good as the one they quoted you.. $350 for springs is cheap, $920 for bilstiens is very cheap and $308 for fitting inc wheel alignment is extreamly cheap.. You could try pedders but be warned they are shit and are made Munroe..

Matt
Old 03-29-2005, 01:51   #4 (permalink)

Mcdennis 1 are you saying pedders shocks are made by monroe??? I've heard bad things about Monroe. Everyone who knows anything about suspension around me is saying go with Bilstein, and you guys are saying it too. What makes Bilstein different from everyone else, design of their shocks? workmanship? quality? what???
Old 03-30-2005, 03:47   #5 (permalink)
XR82GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by La ChroniK
What makes Bilstein different from everyone else, design of their shocks? workmanship? quality? what???
You just answered your own question

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:32   #6 (permalink)
CRUISING

Mate you are getting more for your money with bilsteins, espeically with that price. If pedders quotes a price close to or similiar to the bilstein package forget them and go bilsteins. You want an improvement: go for the bilsteins and industry knowledge is the best and if everyones says its good, you bet its good! :)
Old 03-30-2005, 21:09   #7 (permalink)

Yeh, i am not doubting Bilstein, i now know, they are definitly in good spirits in peoples minds. However im just not sure about who to go for. Pedders= new shocks/new springs for 500-600, and Bilstein= new shocks/new springs for 1500. I must make a decision, im leaning toward Bilstein because they seem the best of the best.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:06   #8 (permalink)

I'm thinking of getting rid of my Sportsryder suspension and am leaning towards the bilsteins as well.. Do they make height adjustable units as well?
chich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:24   #9 (permalink)
cArSiK

i recently put new shocks in my AUII XR and was tossing up between bilsteins (from Heasmans) , pedders and the humble monroe GT. In the end i went for the Monroe GT's becuase i was working to a budget and i have to say, im extreemly pleased. They are priced very well and FAR better than the stock shocks....

They cost me $400 for 4 struts (i have IRS) and had them installed for $150.......

Cant compare to bilstein's but they are a good shock for the money.

James
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:41   #10 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

I've got Bilsteins - you've probably seen my other posts on the subject. All I'd like to add here is this: in addition to the outright praise I've heaped on the Bilsteins, the other thing that highlights just how good they are is that prior to getting them I used to virtually live under the car - every day I'd be fiddling or farting about and everytime I drove it there'd be something that annoyed me so sure enough, ASAP I'd be out in the shed under the car check tightening and tweaking etc. - on road trips (like WA to Qld) I'd be calling into wheel aligning places in the middle of nowhere to get the alignment checked or tweaked to try and make the car feel better, and when we were meant to be holidaying I'd be - you guessed it - half the time under the car messing about!!.

Since the Bilsteins went in (close on two years now) - I've spent a total of about 3 hours working on the suspension - and that was primarily spent recently replacing front top arm pivots because mechanix that fitted the Whiteline Caster Camber kit about 4 years ago put the pivots in arse about and the rear ones flogged out. The rest of the time has been a few seconds here and there tightening things that just loosen off with time (ie. adjustable sway bar links - F%$#en things!). The car has had ONE alignment in 2 years and tyre wear is perfect.

Every time I now drive the car I ENJOY the experience from begining to end - prior to the Bilsteins I'd always be irritated by something or other that just wasn't right - now it's just sheer pleasure from key on to key off :-)

I should actually shut up - the more people who get Bilsteins the more people there are on the road who have handling comparable to mine! - but I just can't help trying to share the JOY!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes