Ford Forums banner

Bleeding A.B.S on EB?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BlkEB2 
#1 ·
Just changed brakes (bloody rear calipers were seazed too!) and have got a slightly spongy pedal after bleeding and tried bleeding the actual a.b.s unit at front left. All four bleedrs are clear but i couldnt get anything to come out with car off or running with friend on the pedal. The a.b.s was working before changing pads and i have'nt yet tested them again, but i would like to get info on how the system works in the EB and wots the best way to bleed it as it surely needs it. FRom what i can tell by the unit having four bleeders is theres one for each wheel and each would have to be bled first before the brake caliper. Am i right??? Cheers!

#2 ·
Always bleed the longest line first, usually the right rear...oh your in Australia....so it might be left rear first, depends where your master cylinder is, then work to the next shortest line (the other rear wheel) then the front. If your pedal is spongy, you still have air in the line. Also if your brake warning light is on you will have to center your proportioning valve, there is usually a small button at the front of it and needs to be pushed back, it only moves a little to center it.

#3 ·
BlkEB2 said:
Just changed brakes (bloody rear calipers were seazed too!) and have got a slightly spongy pedal after bleeding and tried bleeding the actual a.b.s unit at front left. All four bleedrs are clear but i couldnt get anything to come out with car off or running with friend on the pedal. The a.b.s was working before changing pads and i have'nt yet tested them again, but i would like to get info on how the system works in the EB and wots the best way to bleed it as it surely needs it. FRom what i can tell by the unit having four bleeders is theres one for each wheel and each would have to be bled first before the brake caliper. Am i right??? Cheers!
you cant bleed the a.b.s unit on this model,you can bleed at the wheels as you normally would but once you open the nipples on the actual a.b.s unit itself it has to be reset and bled on fords designated computer tool.i would say that is what you will need to do now. this unit does not require servicing. anormal fluid flush will flush this system without touching these nipples. i would say your spongy pedal problem somewhere else in vehicle. or you have been used to the hard pedal that the seized rear calipers can create. :priest:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.