Ford Forums banner

Brake Booster

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  barry_v 
#1 ·
My mum's EL falcon's brakes are super sensitive compared to my EA IIs. I have bled the brake fluid, checked all the brake pads etc, and Im beginning to think that it is simply a characteristic of the EA to have crumby brakes. a couple of people who have EAs who have driven mine say that it feels the same as theirs. Its not the stopping distance, its the pressure that you have to apply to get it. its really like chalk and cheese with the EA to EL's brakes. anyway, has anyone ever swapped the brake booster from an EL to a EA? are they interchangible? thanks fellas.

#2 ·
I can relate to what you're saying. I think the actual brakes of the EF and onwards were more powerful though. Some top quality aftermarket rotors and pads won't do any harm. ;)

#3 ·
I used to think the same thing, but I've come to like the pedal feel and pressure needed to stop with my brakes. I think they are a great compromise between other cars I have driven. VL Commodore (VERY ordinary brakes) EL, AU, BA Falcon (VERY sensitive, but excellent brakes). I think mine are just right, maybe something to do with the pads?

Ash

#5 ·
as i said, there is nothing wrong with the brakes, just the pressure required. ive driven other EAs and they feel the same. I suspect the brake booster is simply more powerful on later models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.