Ford Forums banner

Brake Dust On Wheels

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  LunaticSVT 
#1 ·
My 2002 Escape's front wheels tend to get very dirty with brake dust. I checked with the dealer and they say that there isn't a problem on Escapes. They did admit that some Focus owners are complaining of this problem though.

I would like to know if other Escape owners are having this problem and if they are, was the problem fixed and how. Please mention in your post the model year of your vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
I've been checking another Escape discussion board in the u.s. and it also seems to be a problem there. Apparently Raybestos makes a ceramic brake pad that eliminates the dust problem.

Too bad Ford doesn't acknowledge this problem. (which they don't over here) I'm going to keep pushing my dealer to change the linings. I'll bring my discussion board "ammunition" and see what they say. I'll even gladly pay for the pads if they cover the installation labour.

#4 ·
hate to sound like a butt. That is not something that they are going to cover. And Ford is not responsible for eliminating brake dust, but providing a pad that has the recomended life and wear for your vehicle. It would fall into cosmetic issues and that is not a warranty issue.

Sorry, but this has been covered in other vehicles as well. From GM, Lexus, Toyota, Dodge, BMW, Mercedes and so forth. No manufacturer is going to replace pads on brakes because they cause excessive dust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.